FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 16 March 2011

My Lipstick Stash: A Treasure Trove of Colour!

When it comes to makeup storage, nothing beats a sleek, sturdy train case. While my makeup collection quickly outgrew that plastic, neon pink Caboodle that I began to fill in grade school and soon took its refuge in a larger, metallic case, storing my lipsticks was always a challenge.  No section of the train case seemed to store the lipsticks securely. As a result, my lipsticks were always randomly scattered throughout my belongings- a few stray tubes in one purse, several others tossed in another bag, still more strewn across my dresser. I could never find the one I was looking for, and some were neglected for ages because they were tucked away in a long-forgotten purse at the bottom of my closet. Because my lipsticks deserved better than this, I figured it was time for a change!

Serendipitously, I received this box of tasty herbal teas from my parents for Christmas a few years ago:


Once the teas were finished (which didn’t take long, but again, that’s another blog!), I knew the box had to find itself another purpose.  A touch of inspiration and a ton of organizing later, here’s the result (*choir of angels singing*):


A veritable treasure trove of wonder and beauty! Ok, so maybe you’re not as excited about it as I am (few people would be!), but  hopefully this spawns some creative storage ideas or even just a touch of zest for lipstick in general. While lip glosses have gained incredible popularity over the past couple of decades, with many seeing lipstick as dated or passé, I’ve always had a soft spot for lipstick. Maybe it’s my propensity for anything with a vintage aesthetic, or maybe it’s just that some of the greatest makeup brands make such unique, iconic shades that are irresistible to resist (MAC and Chanel being at the forefront, in my opinion).

Closeup of my Lipstick Stash

My collection is filled with every price range, from the most luxurious designer-label hues (check out Chanel Rouge Allure in Boudoir, $37 CAD, available at The Bay or Holt Renfrew) to the most frugal drugstore finds (seriously, I could write a whole entry on how much I love Revlon lip products- maybe I will! Try Revlon ColourBurst Lipstick in Rosy Nude, approx $10 CAD, available at Shopper’s Drug Mart). Take a look through my stash and let me know if anything catches your eye. I’d be happy to answer any questions you have- especially those that may foster your own appreciation for lipstick J

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,

    Looks like you enjoy Clinique lipstick, as do I. I am enjoying your blog very much.

    love,

    Auntie M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aunt Martha! Glad you're enjoying it. Most of my Clinique lipsticks I got in gifts with purchase, but I've ended up really liking them! They have some unique colours! My favourite Clinique shades are Raspberry Glace, Shy, and Red Licorice (perfect red!). xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a Mac Barbie lipstick? What colour?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, MAC did a Barbie collection in 2007. The shade I have is called Rocking Chick. It's a pretty fuchsia shade with a subtle blue pearl undertone. I have a bit of a weakness for fuchsia lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and practical way to re-use something old! And I bet it still smells pretty nice, too! :)
    -- Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, you are awesome!!!
    You've totally inspired me...I've been wanting to start a food blog, and now I see how awesome yours is, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and do it!!!
    You are my hero
    Caitlin
    PS - my favourite lipstick is this gorgeous estee lauder soft pink that I got in a gift pack from Nana one Christmas haha. I only wear it on special occassions.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Cat! Your kind words mean a lot to me :) Glad you enjoyed it! And if you start a food blog, I'd love to see it. Keep me posted! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)