FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 19 May 2011

Vibrant Summer Trend: Lemony Nails!



One of my favourite summer beauty trends so far is bright, sunny, and a little rebellious. Yellow nail polish! I first spotted this look when Chanel launched its summer makeup collection, which included a cheery yellow polish called Mimosa. The polishes Chanel releases almost invariably predict the "it" nail colour of the season (Black Satin, anyone?), and this is no exception. Yellow nails seem to be everywhere!

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Mimosa (Promotional shot)

The saffron-hued nails inspired by summer's designer makeup collections have also been spotted on several celebrities on the red carpet:


LOTS going on with MIA's look here, but the yellow polish is a nice touch!

Rihanna shows off her moody fingers

Natalie Portman adding a pop of colour to her neutral, polished look

I definitely don't get on board with every trend that emerges, but I couldn't resist one that was so summery and vibrant. And yellow is one of my favourite colours! The other day, I spotted this pretty shade at Shopper's Drug Mart. It's Nicole for O.P.I.'s Yellow, It's Me, and I only paid $5.50 for it! It's a true lemony yellow with subtle pink shimmer. The shade is very sheer, but when a few coats are applied, the result is rich, light-catching colour.



Sadie loves this summer trend! :)

So, if you're looking to indulge in a summery fashion craze that won't cost you an arm and a leg, head down to the drug store and pick up a vibrant, yellow polish. You'll love your new sunny nails :)

3 comments:

  1. I love how Natalie Portman wears it.

    I've been really into Sally Hansen's Xtreme wear brand in "crushed"

    Looking forward to seeing you Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoy bright, colourful nail polish colours! I don't know if I'm brave enough for yellow but I've been enjoying trying different pinks, purples, and aquas! They are cheerful on a rainy spring day.
    And I love how Sadie makes cameos in your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above comment was from your sister :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)