Up The Amp is a unique pinky-violet shade that is unlike any other in my collection. Here is a picture of it in the tube:
|MAC Up The Amp Amplified Creme Lipstick|
And here is a picture of it swatched on my arm:
|MAC Up The Amp swatched on my arm (MAC NC15 skin tone)|
MAC describes Up The Amp as a "lavender violet", which is pretty accurate, and its Amplified Creme formula offers a creamy, pigment rich colour with subtle shine. Indeed, Up The Amp feels smooth and comfortable on the lips and creates a high colour, semi-glossy finish. The shade is not something I would typically go for (as purples tend to wash me out), but Up The Amp seems to suit me better than most lipsticks in the purple family.
Here are a few pictures of me wearing it:
|Me wearing MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Up The Amp|
|Under artificial light|
- Truly unique shade- bold, but still wearable
- Highly pigmented- a little goes a long way!
- Very creamy and moisturizing on the lips.
- Fairly long-lasting formula
- As with the other MAC lipsticks I've reviewed, this is a great quality for the price!
- This purple-toned shade is definitely not for everyone! It may be especially difficult to wear for those with very warm/golden skin tones
So far I am really loving my new lipstick acquisition! As with the lipstick I reviewed yesterday, Up The Amp may not be a colour for everyday wear, but it's the perfect choice if you're aiming for a bold, edgy look that isn't too over the top. Try it out!