Viva Glam VI is a warm pinky-browny-plummy shade (a bit tough to describe), with sheer to moderate colour pigmentation and a shiny finish (typical of MAC's Lustre formulas). Here's a picture of it in the tube:
|MAC Lustre Lipstick in Viva Glam VI|
I hadn't worn this shade in some time, so when I sported it I realized how similar it is to Revlon's Rosy Nude, which I'd worn the previous day. They are definitely both warm neutral shades, but I find Viva Glam VI to have stronger plum undertones and is slightly darker. Check them out swatched side-by-side below!
|On top/right: MAC Viva Glam VI Lipstick, as compared with (bottom/left) Revlon ColourBurst Lipstick in Rosy Nude|
And here are a few pictures of me wearing Viva Glam VI:
|Me wearing MAC Viva Glam VI Lipstick|
- Lovely plummy neutral shade for fall and winter!
- Doesn't feel dry or heavy on the lips, and leaves a nice shiny finish
- Great quality for the price!
- Proceeds go to a great cause!
- Unlike the other neutral shades I've reviewed, this one might be too deep and/or purple-toned for those who like more subtle shades
- Because this formula is more sheer, you do have to re-apply fairly often
Viva Glam VI is a unique shade that, for some reason, has not gotten a lot of attention from me in the past months. I'm really happy that I gave it a chance for this entry though, because it is an ideal shade for the colder months! It adds warmth to the face without washing me out, and it's subtle enough to wear to work or other professional settings. If you like lipsticks of this shade and you'd feel good about donating to the MAC AIDS Fund, then check this one out!