FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Sunday 4 December 2011

30 Days of Lipstick, Day 27: MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Lickable

After a couple days of subdued, neutral shades, I thought Day 27 was time for the return of a bright lipstick! I opted for MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Lickable, which has a cheeky name and an equally flirty colour. I've had Lickable for quite a while, and it's always been my go-to fuchsia lip colour when I want to brighten my face and feel a bit cheeky myself :)

Here's a picture of it in the tube:

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Lickable


And here is a picture of it swatched on my arm, compared with a couple other bright pink lipsticks in my collection. It's in the middle:


MAC Lickable (centre) as compared with MAC Impassioned (left) and NARS Schiap (right)


As you can see, Lickable is a slightly blue-based fuchsia with a satiny, creamy finish. It is definitely more cool-toned than MAC Impassioned and is less matte and slightly less violet-toned than NARS Schiap.

Here are a few pictures of me wearing it:


Me wearing MAC Lickable Lipstick

In sunlight

With flash


The Verdict:

Pros:
  • A perky fuchsia shade that instantly brightens up my face!
  • This should be suitable for both light and dark skin tones
  • Creamy finish that does not dry out the lips
  • The quality of MAC lipsticks can't be beat for the price!

Cons:
  • This may be too vibrant for those who prefer more neutral lipsticks (though, as I've said before, I encourage you to try this out, as you may surprise yourself!)
  • Because this is cool-toned, it might not be as flattering for those with very warm, golden undertones to their skin


Overall, Lickable has been one of the most frequently-used lipsticks in my collection over the past couple years. Whenever it's rainy or I feel tired, sick, or otherwise cranky and lethargic, wearing Lickable does wonders to push the gloom away! If you're on the market for a wearable fuchsia lipstick, or are in need of an instant mood-booster, check this one out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)