My first stab at this type of post gives you a peek into my shower! Normally I'd blush at this prospect, but luckily you'll only be getting a view of my current summertime shower products :)
Here they are:
As you can see, I'm enjoying a mixture of mid- and low-end products, with a decidedly green motif!
I seem to turn to light, fresh, invigorating scents and textures during the warmer months- and this summer has been incredibly hot! All of these items have been working in tandem to keep my hair soft and clean and my skin supple and lightly scented.
Here's another view, followed by a breakdown!
1) Lush "Grass" Shower Gel- I find this scent so intoxicating! The fairly potent wheatgrass and neroli aroma (I love neroli!) is great at waking me up in the morning and making me feel earthy and fresh. I even use it as a shampoo sometimes, alternating it with my trusty Aveda Camomile Shampoo (not pictured). Despite the strong scent, it only leaves a light fragrance on my body afterwards, which is great!
2) B Kamins Acne Wash- If you've been reading my blog lately you'll know that this is a current obsession of mine (you can see mentions of it here and here ). It has been doing wonders at keeping my skin clear, smooth, and minimizing oil without stripping the skin, which is so essential for summer!
3) Live Clean Exotic Nectar Argan Oil Conditioning Mask- This is a brand that I discovered relatively recently- I love that it's entirely earth, animal, and wallet-friendly! I consider my hair to be combination (can be oily at the roots, but dry at the ends), so I like to use a mask once per week (everywhere except my roots) to keep my hair moisturized. This one smells lovely and leaves my hair looking smooth without the use of tons of synthetic ingredients. Bonus!
4) TRESemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth Conditioner- I've been using TRESemme hair care products for years, as they claim to be a cruelty-free company and because you get a lot of product for your money. The bottles are huge! This conditioner is a great option for summer. It moisturizes lightly without weighing things down with silicones. And it smells fresh and fruity! Silicone-free hair products tend to leave my hair feeling dry and tangled, but somehow this one does the job nicely!
5) Bic Soleil Razor- Nothing outstanding about this one, but I love the bright colour!
6) Villainess Paradise Misplaced Luxury Soap- I picked up this soap a little while back and was intoxicated by the complex coconutty scent. The soap itself is relatively non-drying and has some scrubby bits if I want a bit of extra exfoliation. I also love that Villainess is a relatively small business dedicated to ethical practices. (Their website can be found here).
I picked up this soap at Jacob and Sebastian, one of my favourite independent shops for lovely skin care and bath goodies. The service is super friendly and they stock a range of otherwise difficult to find brands. You should check them out if you're ever in downtown Toronto!
7) Mario Badescu Strawberry Tonic Mask- This is another treat that I picked up at Jacob and Sebastian some months ago. It was a lifesaver during the wintertime, but I used it recently so it made it into the shot! It's labelled as being suitable for combination, oily, and sensitive skin (my skin type exactly!) and it smells like fresh strawberries so it was hard to pass up! Although it's a clay-based mask, it actually leaves my skin feeling quite fresh and moisturized afterwards. Plus the fruit acids gently exfoliate, so my skin always looks a touch brighter afterwards. A nice treat, indeed!
8) Lush "Whoosh" Shower Jelly- And finally, one more zingy treat from Lush! The shower jellies are equally fun and daunting to use (you have to pinch of a chunk of the wobbly goo and smoosh it into your shower poof- wow lots of weird words in that sentence!) but this one is worth the extra work because its smell is completely invigorating! Scented with lime, grapefruit, and rosemary, this never fails to perk me up. I could probably walk around with my nose nestled in the pot of it all day, but for the sake of not looking like a right weirdo, I resist! :)
And that's it! Hope you've enjoyed this peek behind my shower curtain.
What are some of your favourite summer bath and shower products?