FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Sunday 30 September 2012

Lush Emotional Brilliance Liquid Lipstick Swatches

Hi, everyone! Today's featured swatches are of several of the Liquid Lipsticks from Lush's new Emotional Brilliance makeup line. I experienced the collection shortly after its launch in July (you can read about my initial review and impressions here), and walked away with two of the lipsticks, Passionate and Vibrance. I subsequently gained five more of these lovely little treats from a friend who used to work for the company and had extra products to share. It was such a thoughtful and generous gift!

Here is a photo of the seven Emotional Brilliance Liquid Lipsticks in my collection now:

 
(L-R) Lush Emotional Brilliance Liquid Lipsticks in Ambition, Power, Vibrance, Decisive, Passionate, Confident, Perspective


The texture of these lipsticks is relatively thick and quite creamy and comfortable on the lips. Most shades, as you'll see, are highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way! Some shades have a velvet to matte finish, while others pack some serious shimmer. And despite their moist feel, they're actually quite long-wearing. I pretty ideal formula, if you ask me!

Here are swatches of the 7 shades in my collection:

Lush Emotional Brilliance Liquid Lipsticks in (L-R) Ambition, Power, Vibrance, Decisive, Passionate, Confident and Perspective
With flash

Ambition is a vibrant, warm, red-tinged orange with an opaque, semi-matte finish. Not for the faint of heart.
Power is a bright, orange-coral with gold shimmer. Slightly more sheer than Ambition.
Vibrance is a highly shimmery orange-gold shade. Definitely the sheerest of the bunch. Would look lovely layered over another lipstick.
Decisive is a bold, nearly-opaque, slightly blue-toned red. Screams Hollywood glamour.
Passionate is a bright, blue-based fuchsia colour. Richly pigmented and slightly shimmery.
Confident is a deep, saturated plummy eggplant shade. Perfect for vampy fall lips!
Perspective is a semi-matte, slightly cool pinky-mauve-nude shade. The subtlest of the bunch, but perhaps the most unique.

Here are a couple more swatch photos:

Mix of flash and artificial light

Mix of natural and artificial light + flash

Have any of you tried the Lush Liquid Lipsticks yet? Any favourites? Any of the shades above that you'd like me to feature in an upcoming Look of the Day?

Thanks for reading! xoxo

42 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! They really are great little lipsticks :)

      Delete
  2. These all look really, really great! I would love to see how a few of these look on the lip! Maybe do a fall look Confident? I think that would be awesome :)

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a fall look with* Confident

      Delete
    2. I was thinking the same thing! Confident really is the perfect fall shade, so I should definitely feature it sometime soon :)

      Delete
  3. WOW! Great post! Love all the colors!

    Would you like to follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin?

    Evi xoxo

    The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Evi! I'll check out your blog soon for sure :)

      Delete
  4. great colours!

    http://itsnotjustanotherfashionblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first two. I wanted to buy some of these when they first came out, but I heard a lot of mixed reviews so I didn't rush out to get them. I do still want to get a couple things though.

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really liking them so far! And the warm-toned orange/red shades (the ones that you like) are especially lovely :)

      Delete
  6. i looove the mauve one, it'd go with any outfit. and i love how thick they are- so many lipsticks come on semi clear and it drives me nuts. it must be fun playing with that, i've never heard of liquid lipstick till now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's actually fun to work with the liquid lipstick texture- they're really easy to apply but give great colour payoff, which is great! I think I was most surprised by the mauve shade, Perspective, because I usually can't wear shades like that, but it is surprisingly flattering!

      Delete
  7. Thanks,dear.^^
    Love this colors... esspecially the red lipsticks.*_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red ones are great! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  8. I love the colors & the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The little bottles are really cute and the colour payoff is fantastic! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  9. these are very pretty :) i wanna check these babies out!


    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicky! You should check them out for sure :)

      Delete
  10. Wow they are so bright, good review !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly! They are very bright, and that's why I love them ;)

      Delete
  11. These looks amaaaazing! I've never tried liquid lipsticks before but I can see them having much better staying power than the regular lipstick. Would love to try these out! Thx for the awesome review :)


    xoxo, Ally

    pinsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ally! Yeah, I've been really impressed with the staying power of these and they're super comfortable on the lips. You should definitely check these out :)

      Delete
  12. I've never tried them but they look great! xx

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are great! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  13. Hell doll, love your blog! I may have to invest in a few Lush products myself as I have heard pretty good things about the brand. Now following.
    Georgia from http://fortheloveof-thrift.blogspot.co.uk/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give some a try! Thanks for the kind words and for reading :)

      Delete
  14. I've never tried them - but I love how sweet and juicy their colours are !! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are some fantastic colours!

      Delete
  15. I know I already commented but I wanted to mention that I tagged you in a blog post I did! Check it out: http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca/2012/10/i-fall-tag-via-missjenfabulous.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Erica! I'll check that out right now :)

      Delete
  16. Wow, super pigmented, these look great x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fantastic and super pigmented. Really a nice formula!

      Delete
  17. wow i never know of this collection until i see it here. the colours look really vibrant and intense, I would really love to try them out when i have a chance:)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are beautiful- you should definitely check them out! I'll give you blog a peek soon :)

      Delete
  18. I'm in love with the orange colour! So beautiful. :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a stunning shade, eh? Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  19. Wow they are crazy pigmented! I haven't bought anything Emotional Brilliance yet. I still cannot get the song out of my darn head though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're super pigmented. You should definitely test out some of the Emotional Brilliance line; they're fun little goodies to try, with a great colour selection. And was there some sort of song to go along with it? I haven't heard it!

      Delete
  20. Hi Jen! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your comments really mean a lot to me. I hope you enjoy the stuffed squash recipe. I have been itching to try lush's new makeup line and after reading this post I might just have to head to the shops this afternoon. I think picking a colour might be next to impossible though.

    -Emily
    http://from-small-beginnings.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)