Today's post is a review to a little product that I bought back in November and have been using religiously since. A treat quite small and unassuming, but incredibly unique and effective! From the picture below I'm sure you've gathered that this lovely treat is Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub. As noted in the description, it's a lip exfoliant that has a popcorn scent that's a delectable mix of sweet and salty goodness. Mmmm....
The scrub is contained in a cute little glass jar that's compact enough to fit in my bag, but weighty enough to feel a bit luxe. Looking at the ingredients, I was pleased to see that the list was relatively brief and that the contents were largely recognizable and natural. The main ingredients in the scrub are sugar, jojoba oil, salt, corn meal, coconut oil, and (maybe the most unique ingredient ever!), fizzy candy. This concoction makes for a truly sweet and salty treat that feels nourishing on the lips. And it's vegan!
|Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub Ingredient List|
Here's a photo to demonstrate the texture of the scrub. As you can see, it's definitely grainy (due to the sugar and salt) and has a drier texture than expected. Despite the oils in the formula, the product doesn't feel overly oily on the lips. Instead, the oils subtly blend into the lips as the scrubby bits dissolve.
|Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub|
Here's a bit of a 'before and after' to show the amazing results of the scrub. First, a "before" shot of my lips. Not the clearest photo ever (was still adjusting to my new camera), but you can tell that my lips look slightly chapped, dull, and pale.
And here is a photo of the lip scrub on my lips. As you can see, the texture really is of salt and sugar. Grainy, but the oils in the formula prevent it from being too harsh. I rub the formula into my lips for several seconds to get the exfoliation going, then (as Lush recommends, since the ingredients are all natural), I just lick off the excess. Easy!
And here's a shot of my lips after using the Popcorn scrub. They're definitely smoother, softer, and rosier! I've used lip scrubs in the past that don't do much except offer a pleasant fragrance, so it was fantastic to see that this product actually made a difference!
Here's a breakdown of the ups and downs of this great little product:
- A highly effective lip exfoliator! Makes a difference that you can see and feel!
- A little goes a long way, so this tiny pot will last forever!
- Smells incredible. Not exactly like popcorn as Lush suggests, but still an incredible mix of sweet and salty goodness.
- Tastes delicious. Yes, the purpose of this scrub is not to eat it, but it's nice for a lip product to have a pleasant flavour. Who wants a lip scrub that tastes of wax or chemicals?
- Vegan and cruelty-free. Always a bonus!
- Leaves lips moisturized without a greasy feel.
- Doesn't quite smell like popcorn. Not too much of a negative for me, but may disappoint those who are seeking that authentic movie theatre scent.
- Slightly messy to use. Because it isn't smooth and creamy, the dry texture makes it difficult to get a good amount of product onto your finger, and there's always a bit of fallout when transferring it onto the lips.
- Limited edition, so it might be hard to track down nowadays.
My crush on this product makes me really curious about the other lip scrubs that Lush in in its roster. They offer a few other scents that really pique my interest (Mint Julep? Yes, please!) but I'm curious about whether these other varieties have equally effective formulas. Have any of you tried any of the Lush Lip Scrubs? Any favourites?
Thanks for reading :)