I've been getting some requests for more makeup tutorials lately (it's been a while since I've done a proper one), so I thought I'd use the glamour of the Oscars as an excuse to get some feedback on one you'd like to see! Below I've featured my most favourite looks from last night's show. I'd love to hear your take on who's makeup you'd like me to re-create in my next tutorial. You can cast your votes in the comments section below!
Here are my picks:
1) Adele- as always, Adele's feminine, retro-inspired look totally knocked my socks off. Her makeup on the red carpet and during her amazing performance centered around dramatic liner and lashes, chiseled cheeks, and a rosy nude lip.
And for her award acceptance, she stepped it up a notch, adding a vibrant red lip. Stunning! I'd be happy to incorporate both looks into a tutorial :)
2) Amanda Seyfried- This bright-eyed beauty looked incredibly lovely on the red carpet last night. Her makeup focused on glowy skin, softly smokey purple eye shadow, and glossy pink lips. Such a beautiful look for spring!
3) Charlize Theron- Charlize not only stepped out with a show-stopping new hair cut, her makeup also turned heads (mine, at least!). Her look featured luminous skin, soft pink cheeks and lips, lush lashes, and silvery pink eye shadow. She always looks lovely, but this look complemented her features so well!
4) Jennifer Lawrence- instantly loveable (and now an Oscar winner, yay!), Jennifer opted for a makeup look that was soft, pretty, and approachable, with just a touch of drama. She paired a smokey, yet wearable silvery-purple smokey eye with soft pink cheeks and lips and nearly matte skin. For this look, the Silver Linings around her eyes packed the perfect amount of punch! (So sorry for the cheesy pun ;)
5) Jessica Chastain- one of the few to opt for red lips, she completely channeled old Hollywood for this look. Soft, champagne eyes, tawny, sculpted cheeks and a matte red lip colour worked to reiterate that Jessica is a true siren of the silver screen. She looked incredible!
6) Naomi Watts- Naomi's metallic dress was definitely a killer choice, and her glowy, luminous makeup was the perfect complement! The look was characterized by dewy skin and fresh pink and silver accents. Another perfect look for spring!
Again, I'd love for you to cast your vote for which makeup look you'd like me to re-create for my next tutorial. Let me know what you'd like to see and I'll get the post in the works!
Also, I'd love to hear who sported your favourite makeup looks last night. Any stunning makeup that I didn't feature here?
Also, don't forget to peek at my 100 Follower Giveaway, here! It ends on Thursday, so make sure to enter before the deadline!
Thanks for reading! :)