The product that gets the inaugural feature is the incredible Lush Sea Spray Hair Mist. I was wandering around Lush last month taking a peek at some of the new goodies they were offering for spring. When I spotted the Sea Spray I was definitely curious. Because my hair is naturally wavy, I'm always on the lookout for products that will give my waves a bit more body, definition, and to be scientific, some ooomph :) Also, given that the warmer weather is (finally!) rolling in, beachy type products are more on my radar this time of year.
I was quickly greeted by an uber-friendly sales girl who enthusiastically sang the praises of this product. She basically re-iterated what is written on the bottle: it's a sea water-based hair mist that adds light hold, texture, and shine to the hair while smelling of a sweet, citrus neroli perfume.
The bottle also features handy tips on how to use the product (pretty self-explanatory), more details about the formula (it contains a light gel to give hair some hold and volume), and highlights the eco- and animal-friendly virtues of the product.
And, hey- it was made by this guy! Love that Lush features its employees on the bottle along with the best before dates :)
Lush is also quite transparent about their ingredients, so here's a list for anyone else who's interested!
So onto my experience with the product. The sales girl encouraged me to test out the product in-store, so I gave it a go. The first thing I noticed was the heavenly scent! Fresh, floral, fruity, and so lovely! I also noticed that it gave my hair instant texture and body, just as it claimed! My decision to buy this was pretty quick, especially because it cost only $12.99 CAD, which I thought was a fair price, given the amount of product you get and given the steep prices of other popular salt sprays on the market. Plus, I snagged the last one in the store, so I thought it was fate!
Here are some "before and after" shots, followed by a breakdown of my impressions:
|My hair before Lush Salt Spray. Not looking too bad, natural waves happening, but lying a bit flat.|
|My hair after Lush Sea Spray. As you can see, it's definitely added some texture and body to my hair.|
And a few more "After" shots. I find that the Sea Spray has the unique ability to make my hair look both messy and sleek at the same time. It evokes shine while also adding texture and gives my waves new life while holding them in place. Plus it makes my hair smell amazing!
To use, I just add a few sprays to the outer surface of my hair and a few in the underneath portions and scrunch, muss, and go!
- Adds shine, texture, and mega-volume to the hair, just as promised!
- Handy, compact, non-breakable, recyclable packaging
- The neroli scent is incredible- perfect for anyone who likes floral-citrus fragrances. I literally get compliments on the scent every time I wear it!
- At $12.99, the price point is quite accessible
- Cruelty-free, which is always a huge bonus in my books!
- Easy application; can conveniently be used on damp hair or dry (I prefer dry)
- I'm not sure how this would work on shorter hair lengths, so I can't attest to that
- The fragrance is rather strong and lingering, so if you don't like the scent, you may find it obnoxious
- This does have the tendency to make the hair look greasy if too much is applied. However, when this happens I simply run my fingers through and tousle the hair a bit, which I find remedies the greasy effect quite quickly!
So that's it! As you can tell, I'm rather excited about this product. Will definitely be a regular in my routine this spring and summer. So happy to have discovered it!
Have any of you tried Lush Sea Spray? What are your thoughts? Any other Lush products getting you excited lately? What are your 'Current Obsessions'?
Thanks for reading! xo