FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Sneak Preview of Chanel's Summer 2013 Makeup Collection!

Hi, everyone! On Monday I was perusing the makeup department at The Bay on Queen St. here in Toronto when I stopped by to have a chat with the lovely sales associates at the Chanel counter. I was looking at some of the new lipstick shades for spring, when one of the ladies mentioned that the new Summer 2013 collection would be coming out next month. I told her how excited I was to check it out and she calmly asked "Would you like to see it?" As if that wasn't the most exciting question ever! I of course said yes, so she led me behind the displays where she emptied the contents of a sleek Chanel bag onto the counter.

And there it was, the L'Ete Papillon de Chanel collection, right before my eyes! I was instantly struck by the rich, vibrant, cheery shades. So incredibly chic and so perfectly summer! There were hues for lashes, lips, and nails that made me want to run off with the entire lot! Luckily self control prevailed, and I sheepishly asked "I'm a beauty blogger- could I photograph these or are they super top secret?" The sales woman laughed and assured me I wasn't breaking any uber-confidential Chanel beauty laws (though I still felt like a beauty spy!); she even helped me to arrange the goodies to camera-ready status.

Chanel Summer 2013 l'Ete Papillon de Chanel Collection
Front Row (L-R): Imitable Mascara in Aqua Blue, Zest, Limelight, and Blue Note, Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eye Pencil in True Blue

This isn't the entire collection, but I definitely got to see the highlights. Here's a breakdown of what I saw:

Imitable Mascara- Not for the colour-shy!
In the very front of the photo above are some incredibly colourful mascaras (we all know I've had a hankering for those lately!) from the ever-popular Imitable Mascara line. The summer collection offers 4 new shades ((L-R in my photo): Aqua Blue, Zest, Limelight, and Blue Note) for those who want to coat their lashes with vibrant colour from sunny yellow to beachy aqua. The sales associate said you could either apply them to the tips of the lashes only, or paint your bottom lashes with colour, while leaving the top lashes a classic black.

Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eye Pencil- Long-wearing aqua colour!
In my most recent Look of the Day, I featured the lovely Bleu Exquis from the Stylo Yeux Waterproof line. For summer, Chanel is offering a lighter, brighter shade of the liner- True Blue, a shimmery turquoise blue. It's pictured in the front, right corner of the photo above.

l'Ete Papillon de Chanel Summer 2013 Collection
Back Row (L-R): Levres Scintillantes in Eden, Zephyr, and Envolee
Front Row (L-R): Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion, Le Vernis Nail Colour in Bel Argus, Azure, and Lilis, Rouge Coco Shine in Idylle 

Rouge Coco Shines- Fruity Pops of colour!
The collection features 2 new shades from the Rouge Coco Shine line, which offers sheer, shimmery colour that's super comfortable on the lips. The shades are Pygmalion (a warm, punchy raspberry shade; on the left in the photo above) and Idylle (a light, peachy coral; on the right in the photo above). I see both as being incredibly wearable and versatile for summer!

Levres Scintillantes (Glossimers)- Shiny, summery lips!
Chanel Glossimers (aka, Levres Scintillantes) have been uber-popular for years due to their pigmented, non-sticky formula and shimmery,wearable shades. For summer, Chanel is offering 3 new gloss colours: Eden (a berry-toned bright pink), Zephyr (a shimmery peachy beige), and Envolee (a warm coral). I don't often lust after glosses, but these are now on my lust list!

Le Vernis Nail Colour- Under the sea-inspired hues!
Chanel's nail colours are notoriously trend-setting and I see the summer offerings as no exception! The collection features 3 new shades, all reminiscent of the stunning sites you'd witness on a snorkeling adventure. There's Bel Argus (a metallic, bold ocean blue), Azure (a metallic turquoise with gold duochrome), and Lilis (a warm orange-coral). I can definitely see these being the hit of the collection!


Not pictured in my photos are the new and exciting Stylo Eye Shadow Sticks, which are essentially cream eye shadows in crayon form. The sales associate showed me one of the shades, Blue Bay, which is a lovely sky blue with aqua and gold shimmer. There will be 6 shades of these in total- can't wait to see the rest!

Overall, I feel so lucky to have gotten a peek at this collection. Thanks to the lovely ladies at the Bay Chanel counter for making this possible! This is honestly one of the most beautiful makeup collections I have ever seen. I am implementing a makeup no-buy until this collection is released so that I can treat myself to a few goodies when they become available. I scheduled myself for a l'Ete Papillon de Chanel makeup event on May 15th, so look out for an official review of the collection shortly after.

The l'Ete Papillon de Chanel collection will be available at The Bay mid-May. Does this collection get you as excited as I am? What goodies are standing out to you here?

Thanks for reading! xo



71 comments:

  1. I'm liking the look of the shadow sticks!

    Nothing makes a girl feel special like Chanel

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed- can't wait to see them all! And yes, Chanel is always such a lovely treat! xo

      Delete
  2. I saw a fellow blogger post pics of this collection and I was swooning over the pretty colours! The Le Vernis shades are so gorgeous!

    Louise
    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they gorgeous!? Can't wait to bring some home next month :) Thanks for stopping by, Louise! xo

      Delete
  3. Ooooo you are SOOOO lucky! Thats really nice of the Chanel counter lady to let you have a sneaky look! I don't very often buy Chanel for myself, I have 2 goodies that I bought for graduating uni but I think as a little treat I will be buying one of those mascaras! I love the minty blue and yellow! Great post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice of her! And yes, the mascaras do look super tempting- a fun treat for sure! Thanks for the kind words as always, Marvelle! :)

      Delete
  4. ah so cool! looks like a bunch of super fun colors!
    tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! The shades really are so much fun! :)

      Delete
  5. You may have a future profession in the business,Jen. You know how to do your research. The mascaras do look like good fun, even on the tips over a coat of black. Especially in the hot sun.I so enjoy your posts.
    Aunt Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Aunt Martha! The coloured mascaras really do seem like the perfect treat for summertime. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! xoxo

      Delete
    2. I def agree with your aunt :)

      Delete
    3. Aww, thanks, Erin! I hope to retain my status as a beauty spy, even once I'm doing serious PhD stuff ;)

      Delete
  6. Looks like a wonderful collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for giving us an inside look! I would love to try Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion.. looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it look lovely? That's on my shortlist for sure :) Glad you enjoyed the post! xo

      Delete
  8. So lucky! and very excited to see this in stores, thanks for the sneak peek ;D x

    Ellinor
    abeautyconvert.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the post, Ellinor! Was my pleasure to share the sneak peek- was so excited to get the chance to see it in person :)

      Delete
  9. That is so cool that they gave you a sneak peak. I LOVE Chanel nail polishes, these shades don't really look like ones I'll be investing in, but I do love the sound of the Glossimers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, blue polishes definitely aren't for everyone, but I totally agree that the Glossimers are gorgeous and super wearable :)

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous vibrant colors. I really love those lip glosses.

    -Anna James
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they lovely? Yeah, the glosses are definitely tempting me. Thanks for stopping by, Anna! :)

      Delete
  11. Everything looks lovely, im so tempted!

    http://laurathroughthelens.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super tempting! Thanks for stopping by, Laura! xo

      Delete
  12. Never tried anything from Chanel before but I think you've tempted me too!

    Emily x
    http://emilyandlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Chanel can be pricey, but really worth the splurge once in a while. I think this collection would be a great intro to the brand! Thanks for the comment, Emily! xo

      Delete
  13. Wowww so many beautiful colours!
    I like the look of the stylo eyeshadow stick, and also those blue nail polishes look incredible!

    Great post, you'd be a very good super secret beauty spy :)

    Emily x - prettypleaseprettyplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Emily! I'm definitely curious about the shadow sticks also, as well as the polishes! xo

      Delete
  14. wow they are all so... colourful :D. i mean, look at the mascaras!

    K. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so colourful! Definitely tempted by the mascaras! Thanks for dropping by, K :)

      Delete
  15. Azure looks so beautiful! I want it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it stunning! The sales lady was wearing it and it looks lovely on. The duochrome was great! xo

      Delete
  16. WOW.. I definitely need the coco shine Idylle in my life, I love the coco shines, and that colour is amazing. And the Lilis nail colour looks amazing, I hope these actually come to england soon!


    http://phlerbler.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idylle looks like such a soft, wearable shade, but also quite unique! And Lilis really does look like the perfect coral. Thanks for stopping by, Phoebe! :)

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. I agree! So perfect for summer. Thanks for the comment! xo

      Delete
  18. LOVE those colors!! especially the orange!

    xx
    Meelena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the orange-coral shades are stunning! Thanks for stopping by, Meelena! :)

      Delete
  19. Aww, thanks, Marlen! Your comments always make me smile :) It was super nice of her to not only show me the collection but also pose it for the photos. I really did feel like a spy! And yes, wearing coloured mascara on the bottom lashes is something I'm looking forward to trying this summer! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those nail polishes look to die for!!

    http://talisbury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they incredible! Definitely standouts to me. Thanks for the comment! xo

      Delete
  21. So pretty!

    PS. We’ve a $50 Accessories Giveaway to Haute1 on our blog! Check it out, if you’d like :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, guys! Will check out your giveaway soon :)

      Delete
  22. Lovely products!!! Great pictures as well! Followed you with GFC and on Bloglovin', hope you can do same;)
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Alexandra! Means so much that you enjoyed the post and that you've followed! Will check out your blog soon :)

      Delete
  23. Awesome photograph and those Chanel Nail polishes look amazing!! :)

    Have a Terrific Thursday!
    xoxo
    Crystal

    My Blog, Crystal Chizoba
    My YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal! The nail polishes are definitely tempting me big time :)

      Delete
  24. Can't wait for you to do a look with these ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, me too! Can't wait until the collection is released and I can snatch some of these goodies up! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  25. Helpful post, love

    http://www.cocoamourr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh the whole collection looks beautiful! Especially love the lip colours <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous! I am so tempted by the glosses adn lipsticks. Glad you enjoyed the post! xo

      Delete
  27. love your collection!
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I wish this was my collection! Unfortunately, this was the Chanel counter's collection, but I'm definitely planning on buying a few of these when they're released next month. Thanks for stopping by, Anita! :)

      Delete
  28. Those Coco Shines are GORGEOUS!!!! xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they so pretty! I'm craving Pygmalion especially. Thanks for stopping by, Gemma! :)

      Delete
  29. I really like the look of this collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Can't wait till it's in stores. Thanks for the comment! xo

      Delete
  30. Ooooh I want those Blue Varnishes!

    Now following you on GFC and would be great to get a follow back, if you would like to follow each other? :)

    Be great if you could check out my latest posts:

    Crop top and white buckle sandals - Essex Inspired Outfit!

    Lily Lulu Leather Laser Cut Dress

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they lovely!? Both Azure and Bel Argus are totally up my alley. Will check out your blog soon :)

      Delete
  31. such a gorgeous collection - gotta love chanel! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, gotta love 'em! They rarely get it wrong and this collection is so right! Thanks for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  32. Always love it when you get a sweet Sales Associate-- it usually makes anything you buy a little more justified ;)

    Gorgeous collection-- thanks for filling us in!

    Jillian
    Jillicious Cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It was so sweet of her. And no worries- I was so happy to share this! Thanks for stopping by, Jillian :)

      Delete
  33. These look great! I want to try so many of these the lipglosses look perfect and the nail polishes
    http://cutepandaa.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the nail polishes and glosses are all beautiful! Thanks for dropping by! xo

      Delete
  34. So amazing cannot wait! Great post!

    http://blueeyedb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elisabeth! Can't wait till the collection is released either :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)