FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Look of the Day: No Regrets

Hi, everyone! Time for another Look of the Day! The title of this one is inspired both by a lovely lip colour (gushed about below) and the fact that there has been a lot of changes, big (new job, eek!) and small (new haircut, which is no small leap in my books), in my life lately. Changes that I'm embracing whole-heartedly, with no regrets!


The lip product that I'm alluding to is one of the standouts from Marc Jacobs' new cosmetics line, available at Sephora. I've always been a fan of the brand's edgy, playful aesthetic, so of course my curiosities were piqued. While perusing the collection, my attention was drawn to a collection of vibrantly pigmented lip lacquers, the Lust for Lacquer Lip Vinyls

We all know I'm a sucker for a shiny red, so I tested out No Regrets, a warm strawberry shade. Instantly smitten! It felt tingly upon application, leaving my lips feeling plump and moisturized, with no hint of stickiness. The pigmentation is impressive, as is the wear-time. As the colour begins to fade, it leaves a flattering pinky-red stain that is equally flattering as its full-on incarnation. I really have no complaints about No Regrets

Marc Jacobs Lust for Laquer Lip Vinyl in No Regrets

As for the rest of the look, I opted for warm shimmery eyes and tawny-coral cheeks. I wanted the shadow and blush to be strong while still letting the lips be the central focus. For the eyes, I layered MAC Woodwinked (a frosty bronze) with Stila Oasis (a shimmery golden peach) to add warmth and a reflective finish. For cheeks, I combined the ultimate shimmery coral blush, BeneFit Coralista with a matte tawny peach, Illamasqua Beg. Love the way they looked together!


Here's another view of the look, followed by a full breakdown of everything I used!


The Breakdown:

Foundation Primer: Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer
Foundation: 
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream (Combination to Oily Skin formula) in Light (UK version)
Concealers: BeneFit Fake-Up in Light (under eyes) and MAC Select Cover-Up in NC20 (on blemishes)
Powder: MAC Blot Powder in Medium

Highligher: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
Blush: BeneFit Coralista layered with Illamasqua Powder Blush in Beg

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde/Taupe and Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel
Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Eye Shadow: MAC Eye Shadow in Woodwinked (blended all over the lid and crease) layered with Stila Eye Shadow in Oasis (lid and crease) with Laura Mercier Eye Shadow in Sandstone as a highlight (on brow bone and inner corners)
Eyeliner: Tarte smoderEyes Clay Liner in Brown (on upper lash line) and NYX Wonder Pencil in Light (on lower waterline)
Mascara: Revlon Lash Potion Mascara in Black

Lipstick: Marc Jacobs Lust for Lacquer Lip Vinyl in No Regrets



And a few more shots of the look:




And that's it! Glad I was finally able to feature No Regrets Lip Vinyl, as it's been a favourite for about a month now. And this look definitely got me excited for Fall-inspired makeup. Look out for more vampy lips and falling leaves hues to come!

Have any of you given the new Marc Jacobs line a go? What are some of your favourite red lip glosses?

Thanks for reading! xo

43 comments:

  1. Ohhhh that lipstick is gorgeous!!!! It has a 60's glamorous pin up star vibe to it. You look beautiful hun xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Gemma! It's one of my new favourite shades for sure :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this lip color on you, and the name is pretty great too! It's one of those colors that will work in absolutely every season :) I've been seeing the Marc Jacobs collection in Sephora and I really want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellie! I agree- it'll definitely be perfect year-round :)

      Delete
  3. Such a nice lip color, the color looks amazing on you and I love how creamy and shine it looks xx

    www.lam-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the red is stunning, but suits you so well. Like it was made for you! Beautiful. Also, sidenote, you are absolutely rocking your new 'do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! And thanks for the kind words about the haircut- I'm loving it so far :)

      Delete
  5. Nice look! The lip color is just perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah, looking lovely as always, Jen! The shade of the lipstick is simply gorgeous.

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Gita! It's one of my favourite lippies ever :)

      Delete
  7. Love this lip and cheek pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lip color is beautiful on you! I really want to try some of the Marc Jacobs line--I'm asking for one of the lipsticks (I want to try Have We Met?) for my birthday (hurry up November...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Ingrid! The Marc Jacobs lip products really are lovely! xo

      Delete
  9. you look pretty!
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing lipstick sweety! great post! ;)))
    will be very big pleasure if u want to follow each other..like this we can keep in touch! ;))
    blog: http://honeyandcotton.org/
    facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honeyandcotton-Fashion-Blogger/422547954496955?fref=ts
    bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6757331te
    g+:https://plus.google.com/108626334220279846676/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Will drop by your blog soon :)

      Delete
  11. you look so stunning.love rouge lipstick
    check my blog if you want too:)
    NEW POST -> Tr3nDyGiRL Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Will stop by your site soon! :)

      Delete
  12. BEautiful!
    I wish I had your skin <3
    I love the colour on you :)

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    Get the latest offers and discount codes with us!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! So nice of you to say :)

      Delete
  13. Love the lip colour, looks good on you! x
    http://www.mscaryl.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Caryl! It's one of my new faves :)

      Delete
  14. You look fresh and dewy and gorgeous as ever, hon. Lust for Lacquer looks great on you!

    Hope you have a phenomenal weekend.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Peet! So nice of you to say :)

      Delete
  15. Thanks for replying the comment!

    let me know if we can follow each other Jen! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yara! Have been following you for a while! xo

      Delete
  16. You look beautiful in your makeup! Love the lip color! You have a great blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other on “GFC” (blog followers), and bloglovin? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! So much appreciated! Will visit your blog soon! xo

      Delete
  17. Oh I tried a Marc Jacobs I eyeshadow in Sephora the other day and I loved it but it was part of a set hopefully they will be selling them separately soon.

    Ali of Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that would be great! Thanks for stopping by, Alicia! xo

      Delete
  18. I haven't seen any of the Marc Jacobs make up in person yet, so I'm really looking forward to getting to a Sephora in December, this lip colour is beautiful! Also love the cheeks- going to investigate that Illamasqua blush ASAP as it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, exciting that a Sephora is opening up! Thanks for the kind words, Roisin! :)

      Delete
  19. Gorgeous babe, your skin is beautiful.. how does that garnier bb cream work for you??

    x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The Garnier BB Cream has a lovely finish and stays pretty matte all day. I think it breaks me out slightly, but it's still great to use once in a while! :)

      Delete
  20. I'm not familiar with MJ makeup, I'm not sure if they sell them in PT. You look so femme-fatale-ish with bold red lips =) Love the hair too!
    xx, Sandra @ Blasfemmes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks, Sandra! I'm always happy to channel a femme fatale :)

      Delete
  21. Aww, thanks so much! Will stop by your blog soon :)

    ReplyDelete

  22. Hey Very Nice Blog!!! Thanks For Sharing!!!!
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)