Antipodes Divine Face Oil was featured on my most recent wishlist, so I was thrilled to find it (on sale!) via Feel Unique. I first heard about it from Gita at Odds and Ends, and was instantly curious because it was touted as an oil that is lightweight, moisturizing without greasiness, kind to breakouts and scars, and collagen-boosting. What more could my 30-year-old oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin look for?
Antipodes is a brand that has been piquing my interest for awhile now. It's been raved about in the blogosphere for some time and is right up my alley because it offers organic, natural ingredients, earth- and animal-friendly practices, and ultra elegant formulas that are lovely to all the senses. What's not to love?
The oil comes in a rectangular box with lush green colouring and a ton of helpful info about the product. A sticker tops the box that claims it will increase collagen in your skin up to 51%!
Antipodes claims that their Divine Oil gives "a lift to tired, stressed, and sun damaged skin" by nourishing and fighting free radicals via antioxidants. It's certified organic, rich in avocado, macadamia, jojoba, and rose hip oils which work together to minimize lines and pigmentation. It's supposed to be so suitable for all skin conditions that you're encouraged to give special attention to breakouts, fine lines, and scars!
In addition to its anti-ageing, hydrating, and antioxidant properties, Divine Face Oil also works as a natural sunscreen (by absorbing UV light) and a treatment for age and acne spots. So many promising claims!
Here's a full list of ingredients, for those who are curious:
The oil comes in a glass bottle with a dark tint to protect the ingredients inside:
When you unscrew the cap, a glass dropper applicator is revealed. I'm a sucker for dropper-style packaging, so it was instantly satisfying!
The oil itself is an olive-toned yellow colour with an oily (duh!), but fairly runny texture. Here's a shot of it in the palm of my hand:
With the slightest tilt of my hand the oil begins to run, showing how fluid it is. The scent of the oil is absolutely lovey- herbal with a subtle floral touch. It's a pleasure to apply every time!
Given the title of this post, it's no secret that I've been loving this oil. But here's a full breakdown of the benefits and drawbacks so that you can decide for yourself whether it might be for you!
- For an oil, the texture is incredibly light-weight and non-greasy
- Works amazingly in the morning under my primer and foundation; does not leave my skin shiny during the day!
- Also wears well under night cream in the evening as an extra shot of nourishment
- Easy application- I just warm the oil between my palms and pat onto skin
- A little goes a very long way- I apply only 2 tiny drops in the morning and 3 in evening
- Hasn't broken me out (!), which is something I thought would never be possible for an oil
- Brightens the skin, leaving a nice glow
- A pleasant herbal scent that smells earthy, yet luxurious
- Suitable for all skin types; use on its own for oily skin or underneath another moisturizer for drier skin
- Handy dropper applicator, which is fun to use!
- Organic certified, eco-friendly and cruelty-free!
- At over $40, this is not a bargain (though I really think it'll last forever!)
- The glass bottle is sturdy, but must be cautious not to drop it
- Nope, that's it! No more cons that I can think of!
So if you can't tell by the totally lopsided lists above, I'm completely smitten with this oil! It really is my dream skin care product- something that's natural, luxurious, hydrating, and brightening that doesn't break me out or leave me oily? I never thought it possible!
I can't rave more about Antipodes Divine Face Oil- if you're in the market for a facial oil that keeps oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin happy, this is the one!
Have you ever tried Antipodes products? What's your favourite skin care oil?
Thanks for reading! xo