FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Friday 4 October 2013

Free Chanel? Yes, please! (Shoppers Optimum Haul)

Sometimes when you get an amazing beauty deal, you do a little happy dance, basking in the thrill of a bargain. And sometimes you gloat. Today's post is a little bit of both :)

If you're a fellow Canuck, you'll be well familiar with the Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points system- basically, you earn points with every purchase you make, which you can eventually redeem for any drugstore goodies you like! The practical gal might use them to to stock up on razors, vitamins, and toilet paper, but me? I stock up on Chanel!


Chanel is brand new to the Shoppers Beauty Boutique lineup. As soon as I saw the counter in the Eaton Centre Shoppers, I knew where my Optimum Points would be going! I had built up $85 worth of points, and last Saturday was one of their brilliant events that lets you "spend your points"- essentially, get more bang for your buck! So that translated into a full $110 free!

Here's what I snagged:

Le Blush Creme de Chanel in Pressage- This lovely blush was on my most recent wishlist, so I was thrilled to bring it home. A vibrant orange-coral shade, Pressage melts easily into cheeks, drying down to a matte finish and leaving an incredible pop of colour. Already a staple in my routine!


Le Vernis Nail Colour in Vertigo- This smokey polish was on my radar in a big way when it was released last Fall, but I never bit the bullet. I thought that ship had sailed (was convinced it was limited edition), so I was so pleasantly surprised to see it in-shop! Vertigo is a shimmery purple grey with subtle red shimmer. Can't wait to wear it!



Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF15 in 10 Beige- Although full-coverage, matte foundations are my go-to, I'm determined to become more comfortable with lighter-coverage, glowier bases. I fell in love with Vitalumiere Aqua at a Chanel makeover earlier this year, so was happy to pick it up. It really makes skin look dewy and flawless, without any greasiness. Loving it so far!



So after redeeming my Optimum points, the grand total for this haul, including tax, was... $23! That's less than the cost of the nail polish alone! There really is nothing better (in a superficial, consumerist way) than getting free Chanel! :)

I've already been giving these goodies a go and hope to be bringing you some reviews soon!

Here's a final jumbo-sized shot of them:



What are some of your favourite products from Chanel? Any amazing beauty bargains lately?

Have a wonderful weekend! xo

52 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! You always leave me such lovely comments... just a BIG thanks!! That blush shade looks divine, can't wait to see what it looks like on :)

    Joanna
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwww, Chanel for free, how awesome is that! ahahah Cool haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was awesome! Thanks for stopping by, Rute :)

      Delete
  3. That blush looks so tempting, oh, I want it soo :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is fantastic! Such a lovely orange coral :)

      Delete
  4. OK, I gotta admit that I'm a bit jelly now :D! I would love to try that blush and the Vitalumiere Aqua - could you do a review on this one, plleeeaseeee? Great choices, girl!!! :)

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, I have to admit I was pretty proud of this haul :) Thanks, Gita!

      Delete
  5. Loving the look of that blush! Such a gorgeous shade! :)

    aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zandra! It really is super pretty :)

      Delete
  6. Looks amazing and I'm super jealous! Love Chanel lacquers. I really enjoy your blog and would love to follow each other—please visit my page and I'll follow you back :)

    xo Jess
    www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Will stop by your blog soon :)

      Delete
  7. Such a great shoppers haul! For my last shoppers optimum points haul I got Nars sheer glow, Bobby Brown corrector and concealer and eye cream, a Caudalie moisturizer and Dior amber diamond. I watch for the 20x the points days and try to get as many groceries as I can then splurge on makeup during the spend your points events. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that haul sounds incredible! Nice picks! :)

      Delete
  8. That is so awesome that you could put all your points towards three splurges for yourself. I love doing that because I never have to feel guilty about the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a fun way to haul some goodies! Worth the wait :)

      Delete
  9. Awesome haul!! I never let my Optimum Points get very high... XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, I have to really be patient, but hauls like this make it worth it! xo

      Delete
  10. Awesome deal! And that blush color look so vibrant and pretty xx

    www.lam-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! And I'm loving the blush so far :)

      Delete
  11. wondeful haul!!! looks all just so pretty!
    happy weekend!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really happy with everything so far :)

      Delete
  12. This nail polish color looks gorgeous. Perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm hoping to do a post on Vertigo soon :)

      Delete
  13. ahhhhh, brilliant choices Jen! :) I'd totally get every single item you chose!
    I'm actually so curious to try that foundation, I bet you'll propose wonderful makeup looks with that products :)

    xx, Sandra @ Blasfemmes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandra! I'm loving all of the goodies so far :)

      Delete
  14. The foundation made me break out like crazy! But the other products look great!

    Sara

    mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep! I'll keep an eye on that. Loving everything so far :)

      Delete
  15. Oh my god, I need that point system here too. That's amazing, so jealous! Love their cream blush and I'm a bit on and off with the Vita Lumière Aqua, it only sits well when it wants to, if you get what I mean. The polish looks lush too, how is the opacity and wear? Need to get bang for my buck if I'm going to shell out ;) x

    9 out of ten | follow me on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Loving the pigmentation of the polish- perfect amount of shimmer and opacity :)

      Delete
  16. So cute&lovely
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. It is! Doesn't get better than free Chanel :)

      Delete
  18. Screw practical, I think you're very wise to use it on Chanel!!;) That blush is phenomenal, I'm liking that color a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehe, thanks for the encouragement on the impractical haul :) The blush really is fantastic!

      Delete
  19. Yes, to Shoppers!
    Great haul, that blush looks amazing!
    I never knew the Shoppers at the Eaton Centre had a Chanel counter...
    I know where I will be redeeming my points!
    Lovely post!
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Chanel counter just opened in September, I think! Definitely the best place in town to redeem points :)

      Delete
  20. I do the exact same thing with my Boots points but redeem them on perfume! Nothing better than walking away smug in the knowledge that you have just bought high end luxe goods for virtually nothing! Love the colour of that blush, looking forward to seeing it on!
    Becs x
    miscriant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, I agree! A super satisfying feeling. Loving the blush so far :) Thanks for stopping by, Becky!

      Delete
  21. Wow you snagged up some amazing products! Totally worth paying $23 + using your points for.

    Louise | Vanity Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Loving everything so far. Thanks for the comment, Louise :)

      Delete
  22. if only I have drier skin, I would purchase that chanel vitalumiere for sure!

    xx,
    littledreamersavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have oily skin and it still works quite well! Definitely worth a try :)

      Delete
  23. YES! i totally cashed in my points for guerlain. cause lets be honest im not going to pay for that. so expensive! hello from another canadian blogger :) just found your blog
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, Guerlain is a great way to spend the points too. Thanks so much for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  24. Wow, awesome haul! I'm only 1000 points away from the $85 level, and I'm trying to decide on what I want. I'm thinking maybe Marc Jacobs Honey perfume? :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, nice! That would be a great pick :)

      Delete
  25. Wow, the polish is very, very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WHAT!? There is an CHANEL counter at Eaton Centre Shoppers? You mean like the one downtown Toronto!? You've got to be kidding me! I know where I am going tomorrow to spend my points.

    http://haroldandhismother.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! They opened up a Beauty Boutique in September and I was thrilled to see a Chanel counter there :) Thanks for stopping by, Loren :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)