FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Sunday 10 November 2013

Currently Obsessed: Daniel Sandler Watercolour Fluid Blusher in Cherub

Hi, everyone! Time for a huge rave that I've been hinting at a little bit recently. Back in September, I took advantage of the Feel Unique sale and hauled myself a selection of makeup and skin care goodies that were otherwise difficult to find here in Toronto. Among them were a few products from Daniel Sandler, a UK-based makeup artist brand that I'd been hearing about quite a bit from other bloggers.

Among my selection was Daniel Sandler Watercolour Fluid Blusher in Cherub, a neutral-to-slightly cool baby pink. The Watercolour Blushers had intrigued me because of their unique texture and touted staying powder. Daniel Sandler claims that these little wonders offer an oil-free silicone base that will lead to a flawless application and incredibly long wear while Vitamin E and jojoba to nourish the skin. The formula is also designed to not clog pores and add radiance to all skin types.


As you can see, the Watercolour Fluid Blushers come in a tiny squeezable bottle with a dropper applicator and screw-on cap:


The instructions tell you to shake the bottle well, then squeeze a tiny drop of the blush onto a brush or fingertip (I use the back of my hand) and blend onto cheeks. I use fingers for application and it works like a dream!


Daniel Sandler describes Cherub as his #1 selling blush shade, a "delicate, sheer pastel pink that's perfect for fair/medium skin tones that want the daintiest, youthful flush of colour" (from danielsandler.com). I find that the shade is a bit more rich than a typical pastel, but is definitely a soft, wearable "dainty" shade as he says!


Here's what one drop of the blush looks like on the back of my hand. Believe it or not, this is plenty to use for a full application on both cheeks!


If you want a bolder look, two drops of the blush is more than enough. Two drops looks like this:


As you can see, the texture is incredibly fluid and runs quickly down my hand. With a slight tilt, it will begin to drip:


While the texture is very liquid, it has more of a moist, dry oil sort of feel (though it is oil-free) rather than a watery consistency. It actually feels slightly gritty at first, but whatever particles cause this grit disappear almost immediately when you begin to blend the blush. Here's what one drop of the blush looks like blended into the back of my hand:


And here it is on my cheeks, applied over foundation:



It blends seamlessly into the skin without disrupting the foundation underneath and the pigmentation is totally customizable.

Here it is in the context of a completed  makeup look, with just a touch of setting powder over top:



While it's no secret that I'm crazy for this blush, here's a full break-down of my thoughts about it:

Pros:
  • Handy, compact packaging fits easily into any makeup bag
  • Dropper applicator allows for dispensing a tiny amount of product at once, minimizing waste!
  • Very pigmented formula, so a little goes a very long way!
  • Blends seamlessly into skin without disrupting foundation underneath (not the case with so many cream blushes I've tried)
  • Though moist and rich at first, it sets to a non-greasy, comfortable finish
  • Wears all day long without fading!
  • Neither too warm or cool-toned, Cherub would be ultra flattering on most skin tones!
Cons:
  • I find that the bottle can be a touch messy
  • At around $25, this is not cheap (but I really think it will last forever!)
  • As it is a fairly light shade of pink, Cherub might be too faint on deeper skin tones

And there you have it! Clearly, I can't rave enough about this blush. The shade, texture, and wear-time are perfect, and I've been reaching for it incredibly often as a result. To see it featured in my everyday makeup routine, click here! I'm looking forward to trying other shades from the range, perhaps the next time Feel Unique has a mega sale :)

Have you ever tried the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Fluid Blushers? Anything else from the brand catching your eye? What are some of your most-worn blushes of late?

Thanks for reading! xo

44 comments:

  1. Firstly I must say you have such amazing skin! I haven't tried them before but I love the shade, I'm not sure whether I would stuggle with the liquid so I'll stick to powder blushes but I must say if it looks as good as this I'm won over :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! I was hesitant about the liquid formula too, but this is truly fantastic :)

      Delete
  2. I love how only one drop can be enough for your both cheeks. And this one's in such a nice shade - fresh, a bit girly, and most important: it looks so natural :)!
    Have a lovely Sunday, Jen :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing! Thanks, as always, Gita :)

      Delete
  3. Fluid blusher??? There really is no limits when it comes to makeup, huh! I love how effortlessly it blend with your skin and there are no harsh lines. It really does look like you're just naturally 'flushed' in all the right places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is effortless! Thanks, Peet :)

      Delete
  4. I am loving the sound of this, I'm in desperate need of a new blusher after Stila discontinued the one I've been using for years. :( I definitely need to look into this, I love how it looks on, and it sounds like you only need a tiny bit. Looking lovely as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth checking out! Thanks, Izzy! xo

      Delete
  5. such a pretty color :) looks really pretty on you :) XOXO
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks seriously scary at first but lovely when blended out:) x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really blends so nicely! Thanks for stopping by, Emily :)

      Delete
  7. I love this look, the blush looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blush looks stunning on you!
    Your makeup looks amazing as usual.
    Amazing post thanks for sharing!
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  9. saw this on you in the last post and totally zoomed in to figure out what the product was. i dont know about liquid blushes...i never had any good lucky applying them on my face and they just look blotchy on me. this color looks so great on you!

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn! I was super hesitant about the liquid formula but this is really effortless :)

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of this brand before! This blush looks absolutely gorgeous on you :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a fantastic brand! The blush is definitely worth checking out :)

      Delete
  11. Wow, you have so gorgeous skin!! I have only just discovered liquid blush, and my favourite is from Becca - I have never heard of this brand before.

    By the way, I have an INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY on my blog, hope you will enter;
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Will have to check out Becca's too :)

      Delete
  12. That's amazing! The pros definitely overthrow the cons in this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely! Thanks for stopping by, as always! :)

      Delete
  13. It's so so so gorgeous on you! I have always wanted one of these x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Coco! You should pick one up for sure! xo

      Delete
  14. you look, as always, beautiful sweety!

    happy day!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  15. great blog:)

    would you like to follow each other?via GFC and on Facebook too:) just let us know, we always follow back <3

    kisses,

    The Scarlet Diaries
    Find us on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow this looks soooo gorgeous on you, what a unique formula - it's definitely something I'd love to try! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gemma! It's super unique and so lovely :)

      Delete
  17. I like that shade of pink on you! You look blooming!

    Abi
    aka The Belated Bloomer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Abi! It's one of my new favourites for sure :)

      Delete
  18. cool post

    www.lessismoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it. Will you like to follow each other on GFC and Twitter? xoxo
    New Post Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Impressed!<3
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'D LIKE TO TRY IT ! ;D

    saralookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)