FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Look of the Day: New to Naked #2

Hi, everyone! If you've been reading the blog lately, you'll know that I finally picked up the Urban Decay Naked Palette(!) and have been having a bit of fun with it. Last week I posted my first-ever look using the palette and today's post features another!


This look is a touch smokier than the last and features some of the palette's lovely shimmery brown and bronze shades. It's an eye shadow look that I feel totally comfortable in- warm, a bit sultry, but still totally wearable. 

I paired the soft brown smokey eye with a matte, true peach blush (the ultra amazing Illamasqua Lover Powder Blush- a review of that to come as well) and a soft peachy pink lip (my new and exciting Revlon Lacquer Balm Lip Pencil in Demure).


To create the eye look, I first applied Half-Baked, a warm golden bronze, all over the lid and up into the crease. I then applied Smog, a warm shimmery brown on the crease and outer corner of the eye. Next, I applied a small amount of Dark Horse, a deep neutral brown, to the crease to add extra definition and a touch of smokiness. Finally, I used Virgin, a pale shimmery ivory as a highlight on the brow bone and inner corners of my eye. 


Here's a shot of the palette, marking the shades that I used (again, amazing graphics thanks to Paint ;)):

Shades from the palette used in this look: Virgin, Half-Baked, Smog, and Darkhorse

Here's a full breakdown of everything I used!

The Breakdown:

Foundation Primer: Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer
Foundation: Revlon ColourStay Whipped Creme makeup in Buff

Concealers: BeneFit Fake-Up in Light (under eyes) and MAC Select Cover-Up in NC20 (on blemishes)
Powder: MAC Blot Powder in Medium

Highligher/Bronzer: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
Blush: Illamasqua Powder Blush in Lover

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde/Taupe and Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel
Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Eye Shadow: Urban Decay Half-Baked (on lid, blended up into crease), Smog (all over crease and outer corner), Darkhorse (lightly in crease), and Virgin (on brow bones and inner corners)

Eyeliner: Tarte smolderEyes Clay Liner in Brown (on upper lash line) and NYX Wonder Pencil in Light (on lower waterline)
Mascara: Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara in Black

Lipstick: Revlon Lacquer Balm Lip Pencil in Demure



And a few more shots of the look:






And there you have it! I was instantly smitten with this look- Half-Baked, Smog, and Darkhorse are the ultimate combination for a soft, brown smokey eye. I can see myself opting for this pairing again and again!

Look forward to even more Naked posts, coming soon!

Have you tried a similar looks with this palette? What are some of your favourite Naked combinations?

Thanks for reading! :)

40 comments:

  1. i really like the combo of cooler browns here!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn! It's been so fun playing with this palette :)

      Delete
  2. I love Half Baked with Smog. It's my favorite color combo in the palette. Gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do look great together! Thanks, Ingrid :)

      Delete
  3. So beautiful,love this natural colors. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your face looks beautiful as usual but omg your hair.. you are looking like a celebrity Jen x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! So nice of you to say :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely! Smog is one of my most used colors x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Coco! It really is a fantastic brown shade :)

      Delete
  6. I really love how you do your eyes - so subtle and elegant, I wish I knew how to do so myself :). And as always - looking fresh and so gorgeous!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, girl! Thanks for the kind words, as always :)

      Delete
  7. Smog and Darkhorse are two of my favourite shadows in the palette! I really liked the make-up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rute! Darkhorse is such a fab deep brown :)

      Delete
  8. You look so pretty! Naturally glowy, and not too made up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, for the kind words and for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  9. You look beautiful!
    I am loving this combination together!
    Thanks for another amazing post! :)
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very pretty natural look!! ❤❤ This is such a great palette and a staple beauty product!!

    Kendra
    beautybykendrac.com
    youtube.com/beautybykendrac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kendra! So glad I finally have this palette in my collection :)

      Delete
  11. Another really amazing post and I so like the eye makeup, so gorgeous. Happy weekend dear!


    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Lifestyle Blog


    - Facebook
    - Bloglovin
    - Instagram @whatkennyhearts

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great! I love the hourglass powders.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Hourglass powders are fantastic :)

      Delete
  13. Love this look Jen! Your cheeks especially
    Erin from Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow,what a wonderful color range you have!
    You're very pretty, using them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this look! I really am considering getting the naked palette too! been eyeing it for a while and love reading reviews on it ! yours is great! xxx
    andrea
    phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks so much, Andrea! The palette is so worth it! xo

      Delete
  16. gorgeous! It such an easy going gorgeous look!

    Anna xx
    beautyypie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Cecilia! Will stop by your blog soon :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)