FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 19 December 2013

Look of the Day: Beige Anarchist

Hi, everyone! Sooo close to the weekend (and to my holiday break)- definitely something to celebrate! It's time for another Look of the Day, inspired by some of my favourite not-so-typical nude shades.


A few weeks ago, Sephora so cruelly send out a coupon to save $20 off of a $50 purchase (I was on a spending ban, people! You know I'm a sucker for coupons!), so of course I had to oblige. I have had my eye on the Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stains for some time now, and for some reason had never taken the plunge. I'd been enchanted by their recent "Rebel Nudes" collection of Glossy Stains, as each shade seemed to represent an unconventional and terribly pretty neutral tone.

While I was tempted by the more fuchsia-coloured shades, I instead opted for something a bit more classically nude, as nude lipsticks actually are quite scarce in my collection. I chose the lovely Beige Anarchist (dramatic name, I know), which I found to be incredibly flattering on the lips. YSL describes Beige Anarchist as a "beige pink", but I would label it a a rosy brown with copper undertones. It's of course super glossy, but in a totally elegant way. And the staying power is incredible! Here's a shot of it on my lips:


I paired the neutral, glossy lip with my favourite unconventional nude shades from my new and much adored Urban Decay Naked Palette. The look draws heavily on Toasted (perhaps my favourite from the palette, a mid-tone plummy brown), with highlights from Sin and Virgin as well. For something a bit different, I opted for a plummy liner (Tarte smolderEyes Waterproof Liner in Plum) instead of my typical black or brown:


To go with the eyes and lips, I chose my favourite not-at-all-boring neutral blush, Tarte Amazonian Clay Powder Blush in Exposed, a subtle plummy pink. Here's the final result:


And a full breakdown of everything I used:

The Breakdown:

Foundation Primer: Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer
Foundation: Revlon ColourStay Whipped Creme makeup in Buff

Concealers: BeneFit Fake-Up in Light (under eyes) and MAC Select Cover-Up in NC20 (on blemishes)
Powder: MAC Blot Powder in Medium

Highligher/Bronzer: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde/Taupe and Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel
Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Eye Shadow: Urban Decay Toasted (all over lid and up to crease), Sin (lightly in centre of the lid and on the brow bone), Virgin (as a highlight on the brow bone and inner corner of the eye) and Naked (added lightly in the crease)

Eyeliner: Tarte smolderEyes Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Plum (on upper lash line) and NYX Wonder Pencil in Light (on lower waterline)
Mascara: Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara in Black

Lipstick: YSL Glossy Stain in Beige Anarchist (from the Rebel Nudes collection)



And a few more shots of the look:






I'd been so excited to do a look around Beige Anarchist, and I was happy with the end result! While I still opt for neutral shades on most days, it's fun to play with nude tones that are anything but boring. Going nude can still be fun! ;)

Have you tried any Glossy Stains from the Rebel Nudes collection? What are some of your favourite unconventional nude shades?

Thanks for reading! xo

37 comments:

  1. I love the blush!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking gorgeous! I love your liner! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Coco! I love wearing purple liner :)

      Delete
  3. This is an absolutely gorgeous look! Your skin is so glowy! (It's making me want to indulge in one of the Hourglass powders.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ingrid! You should check out the Hourglass powders for sure :)

      Delete
  4. love the look! you look gorgeous! such nice neutrals and the gloss is amazing!!! worth the splurge :) and sephora is deadly for your wallet hehe i had to spend when i got a coupon for 15 dollars off and i bought the naked3 haha
    you take such great photos of your makeup! anything special you do?? when i try taking makeup pics to post on my blog they don't come out clear! haha
    xx
    Andrea
    www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I soo want Naked 3! No special tricks with the camera, other than getting one with higher megapixels (16) and using the close-up setting :)

      Delete
  5. wow one day you should do my makeup! xxoo
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lip colour is amazing, but can we just take a minute to appreciate THAT HIGHLIGHTER?! WOW!!! Lovely, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! The Hourglass powder is fab :)

      Delete
  7. a lovely look as always. i'm still waffling on which glossy stain i want but let me tell you, one of those pretties will be mine come the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so happy I finally picked one up :)

      Delete
  8. This was a fun nude look indeed! And I love the shine of Beige Anarchist (that's why it's called a glossy stain, I know...:)). I actually don't have any nude lipstick but I want at least one because I love the look, nude lips are really sexy in my opinion for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your lip color!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsey! It's one of my new faves :)

      Delete
  10. Hola preciosa¡¡
    Me encanta tu post¡¡
    Acabo de descubrir tu blog y me gusta mucho.Te invito a pasar por mi blog,espero que te guste.
    Y te animes a seguirme.
    Te gustaría que nos siguiéramos?Te espero en
    http://dolcevirginia.blogspot.com.es

    besos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking very beautiful as always hun!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you break it all down! Looks amazing on you!

    http://temporaryprincess.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the breakdown :)

      Delete
  13. Beautiful look so natural too! Just love your lashes they are so long :') x

    Wishing you a Happy Christmas! xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The makeup suits you well dear. Sooo pretty :) ^_^


    Hope you check out my blog too :))
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look gorgeous....
    I like your makeup........:)


    http://www.jollychic.com/?a_aid=SIRIUSIT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much! Will check out your blog soon :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)