FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 4 December 2013

November Empties!

Happy hump day, everyone! Time for my latest Empties post- only a few days late this month! ;) November saw me finishing up goodies ranging from hair, to skin, to lashes. All of them really worked to impress!


Here are my quick takes on everything I emptied out last month :)

Batiste Instant Hair Refresh Dry Shampoo Tropical Scent
I raved about this one in my Summer Hair Saviours post and continued to love it to the very last spray. The fragrance was perfect for the summertime and the Batiste line in general has just impressed me so much. This gave me fresh, voluminous second-day (and even third-day!) hair without weighing things down with a lot of buildup. Yes, it can cause powdery white streaks if sprayed too close or concentrated, but this is easily fixed with a quick massage and brush-through. Plus, it's easy on the wallet, which is always a plus! Have already bought a replacement of this in the original scent, which I'm also much enjoying :)

Revlon ColourStay Liquid Foundation (Combo/Oily Formula) in Sand Beige
I don't know what else to say about this one, since I've raved about it so many times. It's my go-to, holy grail foundation that offers incredible coverage, wear, and oil-control without looking cakey. Sand Beige is my summertime shade (I switch to Buff during the colder months), which works well when I have a slight tan. As you can see, I pretty much used this up to the last drop!


Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)- Mini size
This is another staple in my routine (and was featured in my recent Everyday Face post)- so much so that I'm not even tempted to try other primers. This preps the lids without adding any colour and really helps shadows look more rich and pigmented. Plus it makes them last all day. Can't ask for much more!

BeneFit They're Real! Mascara- Mini size
I received this mini-sized version of They're Real! with my birthday gift from Sephora in May (to see a full review, click here). I was a bit skeptical because I had not got on well with BeneFit's Bad Gal Mascara, but I'm so happy I suspended my criticism because this one is a winner! Provides amazing length, volume, and curl without clumping or flaking. The wear time is incredible, which makes the removal of this mascara its only downside. It really is a bi&%# to take off! But despite that, I've already purchased a full-sized tube and continue to be smitten :)

Maybelline Define-A-Brow Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Blonde
I don't typically buy Maybelline products because of their animal-testing policies (though I know I'm by no means perfect in this regard), but I picked this up on a whim one day when I was having a major brow emergency! I realized I was nearly out of brow product at my boyfriend's place (and believe me, I cannot let my brows go au naturel), so I needed to grab something that was easy, affordable, and about which I'd heard good things. This is what I went for and I was really happy with it! This shade was perfect for my hair colour (just a touch warmer than my trusty Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe), added definition to the brows without looking unnatural, and lasted all day, even with my oily skin. This was really a great product and I'd definitely recommend it to someone looking for a good, affordable brow pencil!


Aesop Chamomile Concentrate Anti-Blemish Mask (sample)
I went up to Holt Renfrew at Yorkdale Mall here in Toronto almost solely to pick this up. Unfortunately they were totally sold out (boo!), but the sales associate was super helpful and stocked me up with some samples. This mask is astringent and clay-based, but also contains soothing ingredients like chamomile, evening primrose oil, and tea tree. It did a fantastic job at purifying my skin without irritating or stripping it. It's really the perfect clarifying mask for oily, sensitive skin, especially for those who love earthy, natural scents. So lovely!

Aesop Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste (sample)
This was another sample from my Aesop trek last week. I was hesitant to try this, as my sensitive skin does not react kindly to physical exfoliants. Scrubs tend to leave my face red and sore, so I usually opt for chemical formulas. But I'd read great things about this one, so I gave it a go! Upon first use, I instantly noticed that the scrub was quite abrasive (the particles are made of quartz- interesting, but ouch!), but I made a point to be as gentle as possible and to leave the paste on my skin for an extra minute or so, letting the lactic acid do its work as well. The end result was ultra-smooth, calm skin! This really made a huge difference in the texture of my skin without irritation. I'm a convert!


And there you have it! I have to say that this month's selections were all winners in my book. Can't wait to see what next month brings!

Have you tried any of the goodies I finished this month? What did you empty out in November?

Thanks for reading! xo

25 comments:

  1. Great picks, I can't live without Batiste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely empties I love everything here especially batiste and benefit mascara makes my lashes so long I hated it at first though but love it now x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    GLAMGLOW + Macadamia Oil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Batiste and BeneFit They're Real have become staples in my routine this year!

      Delete
  3. Great post dear, I suddenly want to get a revlon colourstay foundation as I have quite very oily skin. Anyway, I did a little year ender reader survey on the blog. Hope you can answer. :))

    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Lifestyle Blog


    - Facebook
    - Bloglovin
    - Instagram @whatkennyhearts

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice as Always!
    XSE
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've discovered just how much I love dry shampoo, I have the older one, cherry I think, but it smells lovely and it's just so so handy. Thank you for the comments on my blog by the way, I love seeing it when your name pops up :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Helen! The cherry Batiste is great too! xo

      Delete
  6. Yeah I wasn't a fan of bad gal either. Love colour stay too :)
    Rebecca x | The Beauty and Life Edit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't go wrong with Colourstay! Thanks for stopping by, Rebecca :)

      Delete
  7. i'm glad you like the benefits mascara. for me, it was only so -so. i thought it made my lashs look very natural and didn't really do much.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, sorry it didn't work for you! Thanks, as always, for stopping by Jenn! xo

      Delete
  8. i would love to try the dry shampoo!

    http://thestyleoflucia.com/
    http://thestyleoflucia.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Totally worth it. Thanks for dropping by, Lucia :)

      Delete
  9. I love your post! I use another brand of dry shampoo called Pssssst! I love it! maybe ill try this next!
    And I also love the mascara birthday sample from sephora! I got it too and I love it! I'm more in love with my dior show blackout mascara though to switch to the benefit mascara!!!

    Andrea
    http://www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you're loving the BeneFit mascara too! Will have to check out that Dior mascara for sure :)

      Delete
  10. Great post! You should give the Klorane dry shampoo a try. I was always a Batiste, and while Klorane is definitely less wallet-friendly...it's amazing in the hair! Where did you find the Aesop here?

    elliesvanitytable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will definitely check out the Klorane option! There's a new Aesop counter at the Yorkdale Holt Renfrew! :)

      Delete
  11. Usually I don’t read article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, very nice article.
    best lip scrub Multan

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)