FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Sunday 8 December 2013

Veracious Product Review: Tom Ford Cheek Colour in Flush

Hi, everyone! Thanks for all of your kind comments on my latest Look of the Day- so much appreciated! Today's post is a review of one of the goodies that I highlighted in my last look, one that was a definite splurge but, in my opinion, worth every penny. Tom Ford Cheek Colour in Flush is like a more elegant, refined version of NARS Orgasm, and it's definitely a beaut to have in my collection!


It comes in a reflective, quilted bronze box with gilded lettering and, of course, the Tom Ford logo:


The case is nestled into a little leather pouch that's as cute as it is practical. Definitely more durable than the velvet pouches that come with Chanel blushers!


The compact itself has a similar reflective brown finish, with almost a tortoise shell look to it. Gold accents line the front of if, and again, the logo makes an appearance. It has a luxurious weight to it and closes with a satisfying magnetic snap. Beauty geek heaven!


The back of the packaging features the shade name, net weight, and further branding:


As lovely as the packaging is, it's the blush itself that steals the show. Flush is a warm pinky coral with fine gold shimmer throughout. It looks rather bold in the pan, but can definitely be applied with a light hand to achieve a sheer finish. As mentioned above, it's in a similar vein to NARS Orgasm or Torrid powder blushes, but I find Flush to be far more sheer, elegant, and buildable. The shimmer is also much finer, which leaves a more sophisticated finish than the NARS offerings. It leaves no hint of frost or disco-ball shine- just a lovely, refined glow!

Tom Ford Cheek Colour in Flush

Here's a swatch of it (on the right), applied rather heavily on the inside of my arm (MAC NC15 skin tone):

(L-R): Tom Ford Lip Colour in True Coral, Tom Ford Cheek Colour in Flush

As you can see, it has warm pinky undertones and a subtle glow. Here are a couple of shots of me wearing it:



And for a full breakdown of the pros and cons!

Pros:
  • I feel Flush would be a universally flattering shade- sheer enough for fair skin tones, but could definitely be built up on darker skin tones. Warm, but not too warm for cooler skin tones to wear
  • With its subtle shimmer, it imparts a flattering glow without that dreaded disco ball effect
  • Relatively sheer, so can be worn subtly or built up for a stronger punch of colour
  • Extremely long-wearing- really lasts all day!
  • Beautiful, elegant, sturdy packaging
Cons:
  • The price. At $60 CAD, this is the priciest blush I've bought by far, which is definitely nearing (if not exceeding) prohibitive
  • The weighty packaging might make it unsuitable for travel if you want to pack light (though I feel I'll be bringing this everywhere!)

And there you have it! As you can tell I'm incredibly pleased with this blush. The formula is top-notch and the shade is oh so pretty and flattering. It's always a treat when high-end makeup lives up to its luxe reputation. Because of the price, I won't be rushing out to buy other blushers from the brand, but I'm certainly glad I picked this one up!

Does Flush look like a blush that's up your alley? What are your favourite Tom Ford Cheek Colours?

Thanks for reading! xo

52 comments:

  1. I cringed at the prices of these but this colour looks beautiful on you!
    Next time I'm at Holts I well defiantly check this out.
    Lovely post!
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, definitely some sticker shock, but totally worth checking out! xo

      Delete
  2. I love love love this blush! such a fun shade and it is so vibrant to see in real life :) great review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kat! Glad you're loving it too :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness this is so gorgeous! I have always wanted to try Tom Ford makeup even though it's so expensive! I bet you'll get a lot of use out of this shade all year round :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! Such a great blush. Thanks for stopping by, Ellie! xo

      Delete
  4. such a lovely blush! but perhaps ill be investing on it when i get a job! :)) nice post!

    xx,
    littledreamersavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Josele! Definitely worth the investment :)

      Delete
  5. What a luxurious packaging, I love it :)! And the shade is just perfect. You look amazing :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the packaging, so sleek and luxurious. The colour looks gorgeous, great review x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the packaging! Looks great on you

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really reminds me of my NARS Pierre Hardy Blush in Boys Don't Cry! Such a beautiful colour and it works perfectly on your skintone :) That lip colour is stunning too x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it does look similar. Thanks so much, Mali! xo

      Delete
  9. what a great color, you look wonderful!!!
    happy new week!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  10. PERFECT COLOUR ! ;D

    saralookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for your comment! your make up looks amazing ! love the blush too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been lusting after Tom Ford Blushes for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even its package seems tempting...

    Have a nice evening dear...
    Chadlen
    http://chezmoibychadlen.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was ultra tempting and I'm so glad I got it! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  14. OMG, it looks amazing on you... seems this will be my next Tom Ford blush purchase (I only have Ravish so far, and counting the fact that it's not sold in Mexico). Do you have any idea how does this compare to Burberry Coral Pink???

    http://jaguayanflawer.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Anne! You should really check this out! Haven't tried the Burberry, unfortunately.

      Delete
  15. THAT PACKAGING! how lux does that look. for serious. ballerz hahaha
    i agree with you $60 is very pricy but i think having a few special things in your collection is nothing something to be afraid of. glad you love the color 'cause it looks great on you!

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I feel like a baller whenever I use it ;) It is super pretty, but I don't regret the purchase! xo

      Delete
  16. What a great blog you have here! ♥ perhaps let\s follow each other? follow me and I'll follow you back for sure!

    http://tishaarnaldo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Will stop by your blog soon :)

      Delete
  17. Hi
    Hi, what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. And, I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article

    ReplyDelete
  18. the colour is gorgeous! suits you so much <3

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely shade!
    http://namelessfashionblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful blush! It gives such a youthful glow! It really is more elegant finish of orgasm blush and the finish I like better of Tom Ford. You are so gorgeous as always!

    http://lazybluesundays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It really is a more grown-up version of Orgasm. One of my new faves! xo

      Delete
  21. Wow. What is NOT to love about that blush?! The packaging on its own has sold me...but the colour is stunning on you. Also love the lipstick colour. xx

    elliesvanitytable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all pretty lovable! Thanks for stopping by, as always! xo

      Delete
  22. love that color! so natural and warm:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Que bonito color me ha encantado todo!!

    http://sonymingoss.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  24. This colour is stunning, looks so flattering and amazing pigmentation - i love it! Slightly pricy for a blush but worth it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sophie! Definitely a splurge, but have been loving it :)

      Delete
  25. Thanks so much, Laura! Will stop by your blog soon :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)