FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Sunday 9 February 2014

Have a Lush Valentine's!

Hi, everyone! It's no secret that I'm a huge sucker for Lush, so it's inevitable that my spidey senses start to tingle when the brand releases their limited edition holiday products. With Valentine's upon us, I was eager to check out what cheeky, romantic offerings were on the roster this year. I had already read some promising reviews of the 2014 Valentine's Day goodies, which made my bee-line for the Eaton Centre Lush shop all the quicker. After learning about the offerings from the friendly-as-ever staff and sampling the formulas for myself, here is what I took home:


I opted for the Prince Charming Shower Gel, a frothy deep pink number, and the Tender is the Night Massage Bar, which smells as sweet as it looks. The lovely staffer also threw in a generous-sized sample of their Neon Love Soap for me to try. How nice!

The Prince Charming Shower Gel was already on my radar, as the scent sounded perfectly up my alley. And it didn't disappoint! Rich with pomegranate juice, grapefruit oil, vanilla, marshmallow root, and almond oil, it smells fruity and sweet, but with a sexier, more sophisticated aroma than some of Lush's other "pink" scents like Snow Fairy or Rock Star. It's the perfect balance of elegant and fun! It comes in the typical plastic bottle that houses all of the brand's shower gels, shampoos, and lotions...


... and features some rather obvious, but perfectly cheeky instructions:


The list of ingredients includes a variety of natural, lovely ingredients, including lactic acid, which helps to soften and gently exfoliate the skin.


I've used Prince Charming  a couple times now and I must say it's a pleasure to use. The scent is potent without being overpowering, lingers slightly, but doesn't interfere with other fragrances, and leaves my skin soft and clean, without stripping it of moisture. So nice!

I've used Lush Massage Bars on and off over the years, primarily as rich oil-based body moisturizers during the arid winter months. Just rub the bar between your hands to warm it slightly, then massage the oil onto your driest bits. Easy peasy! At first whiff, I knew Tender is the Night would be mine. With a sweet, sexy bouquet of vanilla, jasmine, and ylang ylang, the scent is light and feminine. Perfect for Valentine's. The bar itself is cream-coloured and oval, with a delicate pink flower on top. It gives incredible moisture to the skin, and leaves a fresh glow. It's truly heavenly!


Finally, my free sample of  Neon Love Soap. Like the other goodies I picked up, this little nugget has a fragrance that leaves my senses happy and uplifted. Fruity and spicy, it smells of passion fruit (thanks to fresh juice), bergamot, and cinnamon. Plus, the cute little white hearts embedded in the pink soap are crafted out of soy yogurt for an extra (vegan) hit of moisture. Its ingredients also include coconut oil and fresh figs, so this will not leave your hands parched! 


It had been a while since I popped into Lush (I didn't even snag any of their Christmas goodies this year), but man oh man am I glad I stopped by in time for Valentine's! Their limited edition lineup is rich with sexy, fruity fragrances, hydrating formulas, and unique ingredients. I really feel like I brought home the best of the best!


Did you score any of Lush's Valentine's Day goodies this year? Do these products sound like something you'd like in your arsenal? Other favourite shower gels, soaps, or massage bars from the brand?

Thanks for reading! xo

26 comments:

  1. I have not yet purchased goodie but for sure I am going end with something very soon jaja xx

    www.lam-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Lush has so many lovely goodies :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't had been to a Lush store for over a year.
    I must say I miss there message bars.
    Lovely post and cute products.
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you should! The massage bars are fab :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aren't they great!? Therapy is my fave :)

      Delete
  4. Tender is the night sounds gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! The scent and texture are perfect :)

      Delete
  5. I don't know why, but I almost never shop at Lush. I'll go there to buy gifts for friends and family, but very rarely for myself. I think I gotta change that habit since they've got so many wonderful products!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you should! They really do have something for everyone :)

      Delete
  6. wow! these product sounds wonderful and amazing!! thanks for sharing loves ♥

    New post on the blog sweetie!
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been loving them! Thanks for stopping by, Michael :)

      Delete
  7. Ok, I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of V day but I do love all the new sweetly smelling stuff companies introduce this time of year.:) And I'm sure I'd love all of these since I do love my scents to be potent.:D

    Happy Monday, babe!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! Lush fragrances are potent and lovely :)

      Delete
  8. I got the same soap for my man! Love Lush! Good haul, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have used Lush soap before and it seem suitable for my skin. It is good to know that their bottles are recyclable items, which are great for environment. I love the color of neon love soap. I hope that it will smell good in the skin and would not easily melt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their soaps really are fantastic! Loving this one especially :)

      Delete
  10. Wonderful products!
    Wish you a great week! <3

    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This products are so good, love it. *__*
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha Prince Charming - doesn't everyone need one of them! Think you've just convinced me that I definitely do.
    Thanks xx
    http://hunter-rose1.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  13. They really are! The Lush sales people are usually so generous and friendly :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)