FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 13 February 2014

Look of the Day: Friday I'm in Love

Happy Valentine's everyone! I'm someone who can totally relate to the cynicism and eye-rolling that goes on this time of year, and yet each February 14th I do get swept up in the general notion of the holiday. Celebrating love! And what better way to celebrate love than with a Valentine's-inspired makeup look?! Actually, there are lots of better ways, but I digress... ;)

This year's Valentine's look isn't bold and dramatic (I did have to wear it to work, after all), but with shade names like Sin, Sexy Plum, Hot Tahiti, Black Honey, and Rose Petal, I thought it was still quite appropriate and perfectly romantic! It plays on softer shades of pink, rose, and plum, glowy skin, and lots of lashes.


To give dewiness and warmth to my skin, I topped the lovely By Terry Cover Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation with some Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light as a subtle bronzer, By Terry Terribly Ultimate Radiance Blush in Sexy Plum up my cheekbones, and Laura Mercier Powder Blush in Rose Petal on the applies of my cheeks. I also dabbed some of the heavenly RMS Living Luminizer on the tops of my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose for some extra glow.


For the eyes, I drew on the Urban Decay Naked Palette (go figure) for some shimmery hues. I applied Sin, a glowy champagne pink, all over the eyelid, blending it up to the crease. I applied Virgin, a shimmery ivory, on my brow bone and inner corners of the eye to make my eyes look larger and wide awake (though I definitely wasn't when these photos were taken. Too early!). To add a bit of smoke to the look, I used one of my favourite new shadows, Clinique All About Shadow Super Shimmer Single in Black Honey. It's a lovely warm plummy copper brown that finished off the look nicely! I stuck with Clinique for the rest of the eye makeup, using Black Honey Quickliner Intense along the upper lash line and two coats of High Impact Mascara in Black to pump up my lashes.

On my lips, I opted for a totally underrated lipstick from MAC, Hot Tahiti. Its lovely glaze finish makes it perfectly buildable and the barely-red hue makes for an impactful, yet wearable kiss of colour.


Here's a full list of everything I used:


The Breakdown:

Foundation Primer: Sunday Riley Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer in Light
Foundation: By Terry Cover Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation #1
Concealers: BeneFit Fake-Up in Light (under eyes) and MAC Select Cover-Up in NC20 (on blemishes)
Powder: MAC Blot Powder in Medium
Highligher/Bronzer: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light (lightly as a bronzer) and RMS Living Luminizer (on cheek bones and down the bridge of my nose)
Blush: By Terry Terrybly Ultimate Radiance Blush in Sexy Plum (up my cheekbones, blended up to the temples), Laura Mercier Powder Blush in Rose Petal (on the apples of my cheeks)

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde/Taupe and Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel
Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Eye Shadow: Urban Decay Sin (from the Naked 1 palette, all over eyelid, blended up to the crease), Virgin (from the Naked 1 palette, on my brow bone and inner corners of the eye), Clinique All About Shadow Super Shimmer Single Eye Shadow in Black Honey (in the crease and on the outer corner of the eye)

Eyeliner: Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense in Black Honey (on upper lash line) and NYX Wonder Pencil in Light (on lower waterline)
Mascara: Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black

Lipstick: MAC Glaze Lipstick in Hot Tahiti


And a few more shots of the look:







So there you have it! My subtle, romantic, rosy Valentine's look. Hope you like it! Regardless of whether you love, loathe, or laugh at Valentine's Day, I hope you're all able to spend this weekend surrounded by everything and everybody you love the most! <3


Thanks for stopping by! xo

28 comments:

  1. Lovely look! I like that blush color on you!!
    I hope you have a great Valentine's Day! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful lip color! The whole look is so romantic. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!
    nentasfrivolity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ingrid! Hope yours was lovely as well :)

      Delete
  3. Happy VDay to you too, Jen - although I'm on the same "rolling them eyes" team with you ;)). But nevertheless, this is a perfect romantic look and it suits you perfectly. <3

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fresh, pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Looks so natural.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele, for the kind words and for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  7. It's soft and lovely!!! Great for v-day!!! Congrats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i fallen in love with your cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Anne! It's one of my favourite blushes :)

      Delete
  9. i love this look :)
    http://emiliexnicoline.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. quite pretty and soft for V-day! hope it was a good one ;)
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn! Hope yours was as well :)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. They're really the best! Thanks for stopping by, Elisa! xo

      Delete
  12. Aww, thanks, Marlen! So nice of you to say. Your kind words are always so appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)