FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 27 February 2014

Veracious Product Review: Tom Ford Lip Colour in Indian Rose

Happy Thursday, everyone! So close to the weekend! If you read my first Beauty Resolution Post, you'll know that I'm taking on the courageous endeavour of not buying any new lip products for the remainder of 2014. For real! My stash is crazy huge and in the spirit of loving it well, I'm aiming not to expand it further over the coming months. Wish me luck!

So what we have today is my last lipstick purchase of the year. I decided to go out with a bang! During a trip to Holt Renfrew last month, my urge to splurge got the best of me and I popped by the Tom Ford counter. The lipsticks were definitely calling my name, so I went on a bit of a swatching spree. I already own Tom Ford Lip Colour in True Coral, which is lovely vibrant orange pink, so I wanted to opt for a more subtle shade this time around. A lipstick I could wear to work and feel entirely glamorous doing so. I found this perfect match in Indian Rose!


Like all Tom Ford Lip Colours, Indian Rose came in a dark brown, subtly quilted, shiny box with gold lettering:


A nice added touch is that the full ingredient list is featured on the back of the box. Always appreciated!


The lipstick tube is as glamorous as you'd imagine. It is rectangular, sturdy, and luxuriously weighty. The colour is a deep brown (looks black in dim light and nearly amber under bright light) with gold accents. It shuts with the most satisfying click!


The top of the tube is embossed with the Tom Ford logo and the bottom features the shade name company info:



Ta-da! The lipstick bullet is just as lovely. There is a Tom Ford logo impressed in the top, which is deep enough to outlive a few applications. Such a nice, luxe touch!


And now for the shade itself. Indian Rose is a beautiful neutral rosy pink that doesn't lean too warm or cool. It's slightly more impactful than a "my lips but better shade" without approaching anything that resembles bright or vampy. I find that in some lighting it can take on a slightly plummy hue, while sometimes subtle brown undertones are evident. Either way, it's an incredibly versatile, flattering shade!

The texture of the product is rich and creamy without any heaviness or oiliness. The coverage is near-opaque at first swipe and can be blotted down for a sheerer look or layered for more intensity. It leaves a barely-there sheen and has a scrumptious, elegant vanilla fragrance!


Here is a shot of Indian Rose on my lips, which are fairly pale when bare:


And here I am wearing Indian Rose with a couple different makeup looks. You can see that the shade appears slightly different depending on the lighting, but that in both cases it is, at its base, a neutral rosy pink:



Now for my full impressions of the product!

Pros:
  • Flattering, versatile shade that would look great on a variety of skin tones, both cool and warm
  • Slightly more impactful than your typical "my lips but better" shade, but still accessible to those that are colour-shy
  • Creamy, comfortable texture that stays put without drying and feels rich without being oily
  • Perfectly pigmented- a little goes a long way!
  • Lovely, elegant vanilla scent
  • Beautiful, weighty, luxurious packaging
Cons:
  •  The price. This is silly expensive for a lipstick, so much so that I won't even list the price here. My mother is a reader of the blog and I don't want her to question my money management skills entirely. Hi, Mom! ;)
  • Nope, that's it- can't think of any other cons!

As you can probably tell, I'm super happy with this lipstick! The shade isn't showy or bold, but the beauty of Indian Rose lies in its subtlety. I wanted a lipstick that I could wear to work on a regular basis, so I needed it to be wearable, neutral, and versatile. I also wanted a lipstick that would add a touch of luxury to my 9-to-5. Tom Ford Lip Colour in Indian Rose checked all of these boxes! I've been wearing it at least a few days per week and it looks rather lovely in my desk drawer. Can't go wrong!

So there you have it, my final lipstick purchase of 2014. Please wish me luck on my shopping ban!

Also, if you didn't catch my last post, thought I'd share a friendly notice that Vibrant Beauty is now on Twitter! You can follow via the button to the right or search me @VibrantVVBeauty. Would love to see you there!

Have a wonderful weekend :)


50 comments:

  1. loveley
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Jen. I especially love it paired with rosy/pink eyeshadows. I finally bought Nars' Dolce Vita lipstick a couple of months ago, and I love it. It's similar to this TF shade, but you're right—it definitely has more oomph than the usual "my lips but better" shades.

    But this was the last lipstick for a while, right…?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you got Dolce Vita! And yes, my last lipstick purchase of the year! xo

      Delete
  3. Such a nice lip shade!

    www.lam-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maricruz! I've been wearing it tons lately :)

      Delete
  4. As a lip junkie, I freaked out when I saw that packaging and color! Love it! I think the only way I could justify that price though is if I got it at a CCO!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hear you. Pricey for sure! But definitely a versatile shade :)

      Delete
  5. beautiful! but you knew that alrready. i'm glad you were united with this. :P last lipstick purchase of the year! i believe in you!!!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn! I've been holding strong so far :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful shade! Now I want one :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, glad I've tempted you, Kat! xo

      Delete
  7. It's just gorgeous, though. I love the TF on the lipstick, such a lovely detail. It's a shame it's so expensive because it sounds totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! They really are lovely, but super pricey for sure! :)

      Delete
  8. I love Tom Ford lipstick! I can honestly say that he has amazing quality products!


    Xx,
    www.sacosha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the best?! Thanks for stopping by, Beatrice :)

      Delete
  9. beautiful! lovev that colour!
    i'ts a shame it's so expensive!
    have a wonderful weekend sweety!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Expensive, but I've been getting tons of wear out of it :)

      Delete
  10. everything about this lipstick is perfect!!! looks so lovely on you!
    Wish you the best of luck on your spending ban, it's so hard! I manage once to do it for 3 months...if you can just buy one lipstick a year it has to be Tom Ford! hehe. hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! I appreciate the support :)

      Delete
  11. Another brilliant shade <3!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colour and review!
    This color looks beautiful on you I have to check out a Tom Ford counter asap.
    I had a LOL moment "my mother is a reader..."
    I feel you on that one, lovely post.
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tanya! And glad you caught that funny little bit :)

      Delete
  14. Amazing color, look so natural. ;-)
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, that shade is so beautiful, and it looks amazing on you!

    Living_in_aShoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words and for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  16. that shade of color is lovely looks great on you

    http://livelifeamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice blog!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know ;)
    www.flordemaracuja.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will drop by your blog shortly :)

      Delete
  18. This is one of my favorite shades for everyday life. It's refined and elegant, love it!

    xx, Sandra @ Blasfemmes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Sandra! I've been wearing it to work constantly :)

      Delete
  19. this is such a sweet and natural shade of lipstick and the colour looks great on you!
    Check out my new post at LFW designer showrooms and share your thoughts! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Anthea! I've been wearing it tons :)

      Delete
  20. incredible lip color. I love it for spring. Tom always has the best
    packaging, the gold tube is fantastic.

    Peace, Love, & Good Chocolate,

    PARIS // www.CharcoalAlley.com
    instgram: @CharcoalAlley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The packaging and shade are so super lovely :)

      Delete
  21. LOVE the Tom Ford packaging. And Indian Rose is gorgeous!! So natural but just enough oomph. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really can't be beat! Thanks, Rebecca :)

      Delete
  22. Love the packaging! Such a pretty colour!

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ray! I love everything about this lipstick :)

      Delete
  23. Awwwww I would just buy it for the divine packaging! Seriously though, great shade! Suits you perfectly!

    www.sarah-jayne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah! The packaging is what tempted me and the shade is what keeps me wearing it :)

      Delete
  24. This is a very, very pretty colour! I love the Tom Ford formula, it lasts soooo long. I'm not the biggest fan of wearing pinks on the lips, but this is one I'd happily sport :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Isabelle! It is super long-wearing :)

      Delete
  25. lovely color...looks so pretty on you!! I must agree with the ridiculous price tag.... I could never justify buying one.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And yes, not a price I'd go for often :)

      Delete
  26. Thanks so much, Sandra! :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)