Onto the review at hand, the object of today's rave is the Marc Jacobs The Siren Style Eye-Con No.7 palette, which was a Spring/Summer release from the brand. With the multitude of neutral eye shadow palettes in my stash, I thought it was about time I injected some colour into my makeup wardrobe. The Siren has been an incredible way to do just that!
The palette came boxed in a sleek, plastic rectangular package with a prominent Marc Jacobs logo:
Inside the box was this amazingly chic nylon pouch secured with an ultra satisfying snap closure. Beauty geek heaven!
Upon satisfyingly unsnapping the pouch, a sleek white oblong-shaped plastic palette is revealed. Marc Jacobs' Style Eye-Con palettes typically come in black packaging, but for summertime he opted for casing that is white hot! The style is simple and chic, with the Marc Jacobs logo on the front and all of the nitty gritty on the back.
The palette is opened and snapped closed with a button-latch device, which is also quite gratifying to use. We all know and appreciate the sensation of a firm 'click'!
Upon opening the palette, a large-sized mirror is revealed, as well as a black logoed sheath to guard the shadows:
And if you thought the packaging was sexy, check out these colours! Is there such a thing as a rainbow-gasm? Not sure, but I think I just had one ;)
The palette comes with seven shades, nestled side by side in circular pans. The colours don't have individual names, but the tones themselves are definitely quite distinct!
All of the shades have some sheen to them, some more subtly so, while others are more outright metallic. Included is an iridescent true white, a warm, glowy red, a metallic orange copper, a cheery lemon gold, a shiny seafoam green, an indigo-tinged ocean blue, and a deep blackened teal with a gold sheen. All so pretty!
Here are swatches of the shades on the inside of my arm (NC15 skin tone):
- Beautifully pigmented shades in every colour of the rainbow (except for violet- sorry, violet ;))!
- Shades are undoubtedly bold, but surprisingly wearable
- Easily blendable formula allows colours to be worn sheer or more heavily
- Shades give a lovely glow to the eyes without any heavy, noticeable glitter
- Sleek, chic, functional, compact packaging
- A breath of fresh air among a sea of neutral palettes!
- Clearly not the palette for you if you don't like wearing colour on the eyes. Not really many neutral options in this one!
- The texture isn't quite as buttery as shadows from brands like Urban Decay
- At $71 CAD, this isn't a cheapie!
So there you have it! If I haven't been clear, I really think this palette is the bees knees! I love playing with vibrant tones of colour and this palette is the perfect excuse to do so. Despite the vivid tones, I find the palette incredibly easy to work with and ultra versatile. The formula is long-wearing and gives the most lovely glowy finish to the eyes. If you want a chic dose of colour this summer, this is it!
Look out for a makeup look using this palette coming up on Sunday!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend :)