Sunday, 29 June 2014

Look of the Day: The Siren

Happy Pride, everyone! Although I'm in Montreal for a quick trip this long weekend (yay!), my heart is in Toronto today as the city celebrates the culmination of the World Pride festival with an amazingly extravagant parade! The event brings millions of people from all over the world to Toronto to join together in the spirit of diversity, love, and openness. I don't take for granted for a second that I live in a country where such celebrations are embraced so whole-heartedly. A wonderful thing! 

Today I'm channeling Pride with a vivid, colourful, rainbow-themed makeup look. In my last post I reviewed the amazing Marc Jacobs The Siren Style Eye-Con No.7 and now I'm putting it to good use!  The look is all about prism-like eyes, rosy cheeks, and flushed lips. 



It's been ages since I've worn something rainbow-like on the eyes and I couldn't wait to work some magic with The Siren. I started by applying the lemony yellow shade heavily on the inner third of my lid, blending up to the brow and down to the inner corner of my eye. I then applied some of the coppery orange shade to the centre of my lid and popped some of the warm red on the outer corners of the eye, sweeping upward. To add extra definition, I applied the deep teal shade from the palette precisely in the crease of the eye. For the lower lash line, I applied some of the gorgeous indigo shade along the outer third, the shimmery seafoam shade on the centre, and the lemon yellow on the inner third. I finished off the shadow with touches of the icy white shade on the brow bone and inner corners and, voila! Rainbow goodness :)


For the cheeks, I used two of my all-time favourite NARS blushes. I applied Deep Throat, a shimmery pinky peach, all the way up my cheekbones, and popped some of Amour, a matte rosy pink, on the apples of my cheeks. I opted for a neutral rosy lip that would add a touch of colour without competing with the eyes. My choice was Milani Colour Statement Lipstick in Naturally Chic, one of my current faves!


And a full list of everything I used:

The Breakdown:

Primer: Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer 
Foundation: Revlon ColourStay Liquid Makeup (Combination/Oily Formula) in Buff
Concealer: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Concealer in Y1
Powder: Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Light

Bronzer: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Fair Matte
Blush: NARS Deep Throat (blended up cheekbones) and NARS Amour (on apples of the cheeks)

Highlighter: BeneFit Watt's Up (on cheekbones and down bridge of nose)

Brows: Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Dark Blonde
Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original Formula
Eye Shadows: (all from The Siren palette): Yellow shade (on inner third of the lid and inner portion of lower lash line), Copper shade (packed on the centre of the lid), Red shade (on outer corner of the eye. blended up to the crease), Teal shade (to add extra definition in the crease), Blue shade (on outer third of lower lash line), Green shade (on centre portion of lower lash line), White shade (on brow bone and inner corner). 

Eyeliner: MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Black Line
Mascara: BeneFit They're Real!

Lips: Milani Colour Statement Lipstick in Naturally Chic


And a couple more shots of the look:









And that's it! Man, did I have fun with this look! Like, narcissitically checking out my eyes in the mirror every 5 minutes fun :) We all know that I like to play with colour and this was the ultimate exercise in doing just that! The Siren palette is simply beautiful and works wonders to make a rainbow-coloured eye look perfectly wearable. A feat indeed! Can't wait to use this palette even more. I can see some sunset- and mermaid-inspired looks coming up soon :)

Hope everyone is having a fantastic long weekend! Cheers :)

28 comments:

  1. Pretty and surprisingly wearable! Lovely look!

    Sam xo
    sjmcdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, this is so gorgeous! It looks like a sunset, and much more wearable than I thought it would!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um.. WOW! This is AMAZING! Jen, you're incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous look! Perfect fot summer days and nights :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Jen, this looks fantastic! The eye colors are just amazing. Love the lip color too though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this look is everything!! I love the make up and the hair!! ♥ ♥

    New style post on the blog sweetie!
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That make up is really beautiful and very original! Lovely snapshots as well)
    Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning as always - you wear yellow, gold and bronze tones so well :)

    Maliberry Makeup

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to work that Siren palette! You look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AH I LOVE the rainbow look! you did such an amazing job with blending the colors! I love the pop of purple at the bottom! great look! :D have a great rest of your trip/weekend!
    - Andrea
    www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore how you mixed all the shades around your eyes!
    Fabrizia – Cosa Mi Metto???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so pretty!!! And rainbow for Pride Day! I love it. I now want this palette. Have fun in Montreal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ingrid! I had a great time :)

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous look, you look so pretty! I love how the cheeks complement the eyes and the eyes can compliment Summer or Autumn because of the colours.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovley makeup look!! Those colors are so pretty and they pair well together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really beautiful! I adore the rainbow colours you used on your eyes! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your eye make up here is gorgeous! So pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG. This is absolutely stunning! Love how you used colors here in this makeup look!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your eye makeup is so nice. I love it! Have an amazing day! :)



    I AM ALSO ON: Instagram @kennydaily, Bloglovin and Facebook



    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Fashion and DecorBlog

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cute and cheerful, I have to try it:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. you look amazing!!! I love this makeup look.
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you had a lovely time in Montreal!
    And I LOVE THIS LOOK! Although I'm sure you can make the craziest of looks wearable ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Vanessa! I did have a great time :)

      Delete
  22. Pop of color under your eyes looks amazing. You have a lovely glowy skin :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)