FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 4 June 2014

May Empties!

Hi, everyone! As per usual, my monthly Empties entry is better late, than never! May's offerings include some longstanding staples, some brand new finds, and some interesting samples. Hope you find my two cents about each to be helpful!



Arbonne RE9 Advanced trial sample kit
A colleague of mine at school is an Arbonne consultant and she got in touch a couple months ago because my love for all things beauty is pretty well-known across the department :) This kit contains the entire core RE9 range, which is the brand's potent anti-aging line. It included a cleanser, toner, serum, eye cream, day creams (with SPF), and a night cream. I used these all together over the course of a week and my skin really enjoyed them! My complexion was left hydrated, glowing, and even with very minimal irritation despite the potent ingredients. I was impressed!
Repurchase? This definitely has me curious about Arbonne products! Especially loved the toner and serum :)

Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner
This conditioner has made it to my Empties posts more times than any other product. Not much more I can say about it- smells divine, hydrates without weighing down my hair. I sample other conditioners in between, but always come back for this one. 
Repurchase? Of course!

Klorane Shampoo with Desert Date
This was my first-ever Klorane product and it was a treat! This shampoo smells of sweet dates (but not sickly sweet) and the formula is rich and creamy. It kept my tresses deeply nourished over the dry, frigid winter and added a wonderful fragrance to my morning showers. This did tend to feel a touch heavy on my oily roots, which would make me hesitant to use it during the humid summer months. 
Repurchase? Maybe in the wintertime when my tresses are more parched.

Andalou Naturals Clementine + C Illuminating Toner
I got this little toner from a sample kit of Andalou's Illuminating product range. This alcohol-free formula didn't irritate my skin, smelled of fresh citrus, and really seemed to give me a glow!
Repurchase? Could definitely see myself picking up a full-sized bottle of this down the line. Would be near the front of the list if I didn't have other toner staples on my roster.


Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer
This was the first-ever foundation primer I used on a regular basis and for good reason- it's incredible! This oil-free formula feels light and refreshing on the skin, is not loaded with silicones, and has never broken me out. Plus, it noticeably extends the wear time of foundation (I like to pair it with Revlon ColourStay or Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua) and never feels dry or greasy. A true winner for my oily, sensitive skin!
Repurchase? Yes, definitely!

Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel with Marula Oil (mini)
Got this little cleanser as a sample from Shoppers Drug Mart about a month back. The scent and texture of this were super luxurious (like a gel that transforms to an oil, then to a milk), but it did not do a super effective job at removing my long-wear foundation. Plus, I found that it left a slightly greasy residue, which is a no-no on my slick complexion. Sorry, but I'll stick with my Shu cleansing oil!
Repurchase? No. There are other makeup removers that work much better with my oily skin.

Aesop Rejuvenate Intensive Body Balm
Best body lotion I've ever used. Hands down. The $40+ price tag is indeed exorbitant for a body product, but everything about this is perfect. The texture is rich and thick, yet sinks into skin effortlessly without a heavy feel. It keeps skin hydrated all day long, yet never feels greasy. And the fragrance. That fragrance. It smells of fresh citrus, spicy sandalwood, and sweet vanilla. Heavenly! 
Repurchase? For sure, just not right away due to the price tag.

BeneFit The Big Easy in Light (sample)
I was super excited to try this new BeneFit foundation offering, as it promised flawless, yet natural coverage with a matte, comfortable finish. Unfortunately, this didn't work for me at all. I found the application to be uneven, clinging to dry patches despite adequate hydration underneath, and I felt quite oily by mid-day. I couldn't wait to get home to wash it off!
Repurchase? Nope!



May Lindstrom The Problem-Solver mask (sample)
I had been so curious about this all-natural luxury brand and I was thrilled when Sally from Fresh Faced offered me a sample of this multi-tasking mask at the Green + Good event last month. This is a powder mask that you mix with water to create a bubbling jet-black paste. It tingled like crazy for the first 15 minutes (instructions say to leave it on for 45), yet there was no sign of irritation after rinsing it off. In fact, my skin looked calm, clear, and glowing. It was a truly pampering experience! 
Repurchase? Just bought a full size!

C2 Collagen Firming & Moisturizing Facial Mask
This was a lovely inclusion in my recent Australian Drugstore Makeup swap and it was very nice to use! I love testing sheet masks and this one left my skin hydrated and soothed. The results weren't phenomenal, but it was gentle on my sensitive skin and felt quite refreshing!
Repurchase? Maybe. Would be curious to try other masks from this brand!

Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Binding Targeted Leave-In Treatment Creme
This is a great, basic leave-in conditioner that moisturizes my dry ends without weighing down hair. It's not glamorous, does not have an alluring scent, and the packaging isn't worth writing home about. But it does the job perfectly well and the price is right. No complaints!
Repurchase? Already have!


So there you have it! All of my depleted products for the month of May. For me, the true standouts were the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer (a trusty staple), the Aesop Rejuvenate Intensive Body Balm (best body lotion ever!), the May Lindstrom Problem-Solver Mask (luxurious and effective!), and the Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner (my most repurchased hair product ever!). Props also to the Arbonne RE9 range for piquing my interest in the brand in a major way!

Have you tried any of the goodies I featured here? Did I tempt you with anything?

Thanks for reading! xo

13 comments:

  1. I need that primer! Haven't even got one lol! Great empties, Jen :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that Laura Mercier Primer! I really do! :) Great empties Jen :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Aesop body balm sounds fantastic, maybe one for my xmas wish list xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm thats too bad about the clarins, ive been testing that one out too and it removes everything for me. even waterproof stuff!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try the coconut milk conditioner! I have the leave in treatments and I love them, so I wanted to try out the shampoo and conditioner as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've used up a couple of tubes of Aesop Geranium Leaf Body Balm, and I really do love it! Got to check this one out next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried the Arbonne RE9 Advanced trial kit too and loved it! It's so expensive though, it's hundreds of dollars for the whole set :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Aesop Body Balm sounds perfect! I've been on the hunt for something just like it. Thanks for sharing :)

    Yasmeen x
    http://themirroraffects.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. super recenzje i kosmetyki ♥ ♥ ♥

    http://delavie-paula.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy to hear you didn't really like the Big Easy either... Benefit did my makeup recently and I was pretty meh about it. Obviously the makeup artist was raving about it, but I didn't find it to be anything incredible or revolutionary. Also, I need to say that posting empties on the fourth isn't really late at all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to try that Arbonne kit! I have one lying around somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man that Aesop Body Balm sounds freaken amazing!
    Must try the coconut conditioner, that line has always peeked my interest but i've never purchased anything from it.
    Great empties
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)