FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 4 September 2014

Currently Obsessed: Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Tisse Rivoli

Hi, everyone! If you read my Most Satisfying Haul Ever post, you may have spotted the painfully beautiful Chanel Les 4 Ombres Tisse Rivoli palette. A few months ago, when these palettes were first released in Canada, a lovely sales associate at Holt Renfrew gave me a quick 3-minute eye makeup touch-up with this palette. I expected to look in the mirror and think "ok, some more nice neutrals", but instead, I was taken aback. Sooo gorgeous! They were indeed lovely neutrals, but with a little something special that really made my eyes pop. I was able to resist initially, but once I racked up enough Shoppers Optimum Points to take this baby home for free, I eagerly obliged. 



Tisse Rivoli is packaged in Chanel's typical black and gold packaging- pretty standard, yet still oh so chic. 


The palette itself is black and reflective with a Chanel logo embossed on the front. The back of the palette includes all the pertinent information, including a quick graphic that demonstrates which of the colours inside are for shading, highlighting, and intensifying. 



Upon opening the palette, you'll see a nicely sized mirror and- most importantly- four gorgeous shades of shadow. They come in a circular domed shape and include a variety of intensities. It also includes two foam-tipped applicators, which actually work quite well as compared to similar inclusions from other brands. 


The top left shade is a shade colour and is the coolest among the bunch. It is a mid-tone to dark neutral cocoa brown with noticeable shimmer. It looks fabulous worn in the crease or the outer corner of the eyes. The top right shade is a highlight colour and is, as the category suggests, the lightest tone in the quad. It's a shimmery warm champagne ivory and works wonders to brighten the inner corners of the eye or add a pop of brightness to the centre of the lid. The bottom left shade is another shade colour and is in the middle of the pack in terms of intensity. It's a gorgeous shimmery warm caramel toasted gold that looks amazing all over the lid or above the crease as a transition shade. Finally, the bottom right shade is an intensify colour and is the deepest tone in the palette. It's a dark warm plummy brown that works well as a liner or to smoke things up.

Here are swatches of all four shades on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone):

Chanel Tisse Rivoli (L-R) Top left Shade, Top right Highlight, Bottom left Shade, Bottom right Intensify

And here's an eye look that I created using all four shades of Tisse Rivoli. I applied the warm Shade colour all over my lid, as well as above the crease. To add depth, I applied the darker Shade colour on the crease and lightly on the outer half of my lower lash line. I then stroked the deep Intensify shade along my upper lash line as a liner and to the outer corner of my eye for some extra smoke. Finally, I added touches of the Highlight shade on my brown bone and inner corners of my eyes to brighten things up. 



And a full breakdown of my thoughts on this palette:

Pros:
  • Excellent pigmentation- can be worn sheer or layered for a bolder look without looking thick or heavy
  • Incredibly smooth, blendable texture. No hint of chalkiness anywhere!
  • Perfect selection of shades- everything you need from a highlighter to a liner
  • Should be suitable for both warmer- and cooler-toned complexions, though the overall feeling of the palette is warm
  • Extremely versatile- can be used to create a simple everyday neutral look or something much smokier
  • Long-wearing formula- colours stay true all day!
  • Includes unique shades that stand out among a sea of neutral palettes. The bottom two colours (warm caramel gold and dark plummy brown) are particularly un-dupeable! 
  • Sleek, chic, compact packaging
Cons:
  • The only one I can think of is the price! At $62 CAD these do require a splurge. But if you save up your Optimum Points, you might just be able to get it for a steal like I did! 

So there it is- a review of my new and much-loved Chanel 4 Ombres in Tisse Rivoli. Yes, it is another neutral palette. Yes, it is on the pricey side. But amidst a sea of nudes and nakeds, I really find the shades in this quad to be incredibly unique, particularly the two shades on the bottom of the quad. Plus, these reformulated palettes have truly been improved. The textures are smooth, pigmented, and incredibly long-wearing. The shimmer gives a beautiful glow, while still looking polished and elegant. If you're looking to treat yourself to a luxurious makeup treat that you could actually wear everyday, I'd definitely recommend Tisse Rivoli!

Thanks for stopping by! xo

21 comments:

  1. Ok, this really is painfully beautiful! The shades are perfect and subtle, even I would wear them :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I had a quick swatch of some of these shadows (not sure what the shades were) but the pigmentation was fabulous! This palette is definitely up my street, particularly that coppery shade!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like that you layered a lighter shade /on top,over/ a darker crease shade! it gives a nice lightening, less heavy look. need to try that. usually i just put the darkest shade into the crease/corner
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Chanel and that quad is gorgeous. Perfect colours for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to try any CHANEL quads but I love the shades in this quad - love the burgundy and gold combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It physically pains me to know I probably won't be able to ever afford this. And them shades are just perfect for the fall. *sits in a corner and cries*
    xxx

    http://mynamesiram.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant quad- and you essencailly got it for free!x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO gorgeous! Perfect for fall, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The con is what keeps holding me back though.. no matter how lovely the colors really are!! Ack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, I didn't know Shoppers Drugmart carried Chanel. So cool! Also, those colours are beautiful, the look you created is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow no wonder it is your new obsession I absolutely LOVE all of these shades!!!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful colour ^^


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those shades are just perfect, most of all I like to use such neutral, shades of brown and beige. I would really love to use this palette too, it looks wonderfully appealing:) I also like the make up which you've created, looks really good and elegant!
    Wish you a great day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the look you created! Beautiful shadows, they almost look edible in the palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love those colors. they look amazing :)

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The look you created is gorgeous!! I love buying things with my optimum points, I almost have enough for a $200 spending spree! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. the colors look so pretty! great pick swety!
    happy weekend!

    <3, Kathrin
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the palette in the brown shades!
    Fabrizia – Cosa Mi Metto???

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful colors, love Chanel palettes so much. *__*
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  20. I bought this one too! Such a gorgeous eye look you have created!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)