FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Monday 22 September 2014

Veracious Product Review: The HotShop Lip Stick Plumped Sleek Lip Cream Moisture Gloss from Born Pretty

Hi, everyone! Last week I gave a quick intro to the Born Pretty Store, which is a super fun and affordable Asian-based online retailer that features a huge variety of beauty and lifestyle products. They were generous enough to send me two products of my choice (which was a tough call- there were so many cute goodies!) and I have to say I'm really enjoying my selections so far! 

Last week I brought to you an ultimately glittery eye shadow palette, and today I'm reviewing an ultra pretty lip product with an uber-long name: the HotShop Lip Stick Plumped Sleek Lip Cream Moisture Gloss #4**. Phew! You can check out this range of lip pencils, here



The Hot Shop range is a clear rip-off of the TopShop makeup line, but that doesn't really put me off. I actually quite like the aesthetic, so no complaints! It came in a mint green box with an illustration of the product inside on the front. It is labelled differently on different places on the box (sometimes a "lip crayon" and others, a "lipstick pen"), but the concept is clear. It's undoubtedly a chubby lip pencil with some ultra cute packaging! 




The pencil itself is also mint green with similarly TopShop-esque writing and design. It has a twist-up mechanism on the bottom, which is so much handier than having to sharpen it! 

The formula features shea butter, mango seed oil, jojoba oil, and and vitamin E, which all aim to hydrate and smooth the lips. It also touts "LED pixel pigment", which is supposedly a new technology to promote a shimmery, multifaceted look. The website promises that it will make your lips "more plump and charming"- now who doesn't want that? ;)


The shade I chose was #4, which is a warm bright slightly yellowed pink with subtle coral undertones. It has a very smooth texture and a decidedly shiny finish! 


Here's a closeup of it on my lips, and then in the context of a completed makeup look:


 

And for the pros and cons of this cute little lippie:

Pros:
  • Smooth texture that feels quite comfortable on the lips- neither drying nor greasy
  • A super flattering shiny finish that makes lips look full and plump
  • Can be worn super sheer or built up for fuller-on colour
  • Handy twist-up pencil format
  • #4 is an ultra pretty warm pink that's bright, yet quite wearable
  • Super cute packaging- always a pleasure to pull out of my handbag!
  • At only $6.50 USD, this is quite reasonably priced! 
Cons:
  • It only wears for a couple hours before a touch-up is needed, though this isn't exceptionally uncommon for glossier formulas
  • Has a slightly waxy texture

So there you go! I've been wearing this lip colour almost constantly since receiving it. The formula is comfortable on the lips and the shade is totally up my alley. I actually don't mind that I have to re-apply fairly often, as it's an extremely affordable product with truly adorable packaging. Thanks again to Born Pretty for sending this great product my way!

If you're interested in checking out cute goodies like this from Born Pretty, you can pop by their site, here! They have a discount code on at the moment for readers of the blog- just enter VIBH10 at the checkout to save 10% off your order. You're guaranteed to find something that makes you feel pretty! 


** This product was provided by the Born Pretty Store for review. As always, the review is authentic and completely veracious!

14 comments:

  1. fantastic review sweety, the color looks great on you!
    happy monday!

    <3, Kathrin
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwahahah TOTALLY a clear rip off BUT the colour is stunning and SO you. (woah there...all the caps)
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  3. They remind me of the Topshop lip crayons :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are a clear ripoff of topshop. which I find a little odd since topshop isn't even that expensive or dupe worthy? Regardless, this does look like a really pretty shade!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at the very very obvious rip-off. But then again, maybe they come from the same the factory that manufactures Topshop makeup - they wanted to make a few more bucks so you have these! :) I love that they look like they're still of good quality and not so shady as most rip-offs are. Maybe they really are from the same factory! LOL. Your lips look so luscious, Jenn!!! :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, is there a lipstick/crayon/balm shade that doesn't fit you? I don't think so! This looks really interesting + the shade is gorgeous :).

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This colour looks so gorgeous on you!!
    I've followed you via bloglovin and GFC, hope you do the same :)

    http://ramyun-pie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the color!! its so different becuase its not pink yet its not red! i love it and it also looks very nice with your skin! I just stumbled upon your blog! And wow it is amazing, definitely one which is great for inspiration. I love this post specially the great vivid pictures! I would love for you to check out my blog, which by just scrolling through your page, I know you will love!! Keep up the good work
    http://www.timeless-look.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rock a bright lip so well. I'm totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This shade looks so good on your cutie face !

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This color is so natural and pretty! I'm really into pink lippies right now and this looks like a great shade to try.

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)