FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Friday 6 February 2015

Currently Obsessed: Nourish Relax Hydrating Peptide Serum

Hi, everyone! Yes, my current love for organic skin care is strong. While opting for pure, natural formulas sometimes means spending a bundle (as per my recent mask review), luckily, this is not always the case. Late last year I heard several British beauty bloggers chatter about an up and coming organic skin care range called Nourish. Everything about the brand appealed to me (the ethic, the product offerings, the packaging, and the price point), so in December I bit the bullet and purchased some Nourish goodies from Feel Unique

For those of you who have not heard of Nourish (you're not alone!), it is a UK-based brand that focuses on a blend of science and nature with an ethos of eco-consciousness. The line hones in on ingredients that are biodegradable, plant-based,  organically farmed, vegan, ethically sourced, and free from artificial fragrance. Instead, essential oils are carefully selected for their mood-boosting properties, rendering Nourish products a pleasure to use! Each item is also cruelty-free and packed with bio-actives for noticeable, targeted results. 

Nourish offers ranges for a variety of  skin types (dry, normal, combination, and sensitive) and includes a selection of serums that let you customize your routine. 


It is one of these very serums that has stolen my heart recently. At the base of each of Nourish's serums are tri-peptides to smooth skin and stimulate collagen and hyaluronic acid to boost moisture. In addition, each variety offers specific benefits. The serum that I selected was their Relax Hydrating Peptide Serum, which is aimed at soothing sensitive or allergy-prone skin. My skin gets particularly red and irritated over the wintertime, so I thought this would be a good solution!

Nourish's serums come in white cardboard boxes with a minimalistic, yet whimsical design that I think is quite beautiful! 



The packaging includes a full description of the product, including directions and a complete ingredient listing. As you can see, this serum is aimed at both plumping and soothing the skin and contains ingredients such as carrot powder, glycerin, tripeptides, lavender oil, hyaluroinc acid, bisabolol, and ginger root extract, all of which aim to address these objectives. 

The box also reiterates that the formula is 85% organic and a hand-written batch number is a sure signal of the personal care that goes into each product. 



Upon opening the box, you will find a sleek glass bottle with a similar aesthetic to the box. It has silver detailing and a wide, white plastic pump that has quite the unique design. Chic and functional!


As for the product itself, the Nourish Relax Hydrating Peptide Serum is a nearly clear, rather runny concoction. Not much to look at, but it does pack a punch. It is lightweight and absorbs into skin almost immediately. Although it is light, it also feels instantly hydrating. 

In terms of where to fit this into your skin care routine, the Nourish website states the serums are designed to be applied either pre- or post-moisturizer. Apparently, they can be used beforehand for a more matte finish or after your day/night cream for a dewier effect. I quite like this customizeable option!


As per the title of this post, I'm clearly loving this product, but here's a full breakdown of the benefits and potential drawbacks of this gentle serum:

Pros:
  • Light-weight, pleasant texture that does not feel heavy on my oily skin
  • Instantly reduces redness in my skin- it's quite magical!
  • Also gives an immediate boost of radiance. I look quite glowy without any hint of grease
  • Is lightly hydrating and plumps up skin nicely
  • Has never irritated or broken out my sensitive skin
  • Layers nicely with my face creams and oils
  • One pump is plenty- a little goes a long way!
  • Pleasant, mild lavender fragrance
  • 85% organic and cruelty-free
  • Packed full of beneficial ingredients, each with purpose
  • Sturdy packaging with a whimsical, yet chic feel
  • The price! At approximately $35 CAD (it is 20 British pounds on Feel Unique), this isn't dirt cheap but is definitely attainable for most.
Cons:
  • This hydrates lightly, but definitely should be layered with your moisturizer of choice
  • To my knowledge, this is not yet available in Canada (though ordering from Feel Unique really is hassle-free!)

As per the lopsided lists above, it's a no-brainer in saying that this stuff is awesome! I've been using it daily for the past month and have been nothing but pleased. This has never irritated my skin and combats redness like nothing else I've tried. The price point is right, the packaging is lovely, and the brand's ethic is admirable. What's not to love!? I also bought a trial kit from Nourish's Balance range (designed for combination skin), but as the textures are much lighter, I'm saving those goodies for the warmer months. Look out for likely raves then!

Have you hear of Nourish? What are your favourite skin care brands at the moment?

Thanks for stopping by! 

12 comments:

  1. Never heard of the brand! But they sound pretty awesome and affordable!Pretty cool with the hand writing on it too. Glad it works so well for you! I'm loving Avene and Vichy at the moment-lol what else for me right? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those brands are always tempting! And yes, I love the packaging of Nourish and still loving the serum :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Jen, thanks for putting a fantastic brand on my radar! This is indeed new to me, but the serum looks great! I wouldn't expect a serum to be moisturizing enough on its own, so it's not really a con for me :) My favorite skincare brands haven't changed that much over the years! It's probably Caudalie, Pai, and Omorovicza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't go wrong with any of those beautiful brands! I still agree that Nourish is definitely a great, affordable brand to try :)

      Delete
  3. This is a new brand to me! The pump is really unique and it sounds like a great lightweight serum. There are so many UK brands that have really nice stuff but we never hear about it. Thanks for getting this on our radar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I'm really impressed with the brand so far :)

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of this before! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. instant redness reduction is magical indeed. you are totally getting my interested piqued in more natural skincare. have to use up all my crap first though!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the look of this, and the price! I may have to give it a whirl, Always willing to try a new serum xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive attention to detail may be seen in the Custom serum packaging cartons. The boxes definitely stand out on store shelves because to the custom printing and sizing possibilities, and the foam inserts further safeguard the contents. Overall, the packaging has a high-end appearance and feel.

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)