FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Look of the Day: Papaya/Topaz

Hi, everyone! It had been ages since my last Look of the Day, and now I've brought you two in a row! Clearly, my Sephora VIB Sale Haul was the perfect impetus to play with some new makeup and simultaneously embrace some cheery spring shades. I thought I'd share the results of another such play session with you here! Today's look highlights an utterly gorgeous product for Spring and Summer, Becca's Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in Papaya/Topaz


I'm going to be reviewing my newest Becca Shimmer Souffle soon, but in short, these little pots of goodness offer a swirl of blush and highlight that blends effortlessly, imparts a flattering shimmer, and wears all day long. Papaya/Topaz is a warm orange-coral shade with veins of deeper gold throughout. For this look, I've applied it to my cheeks, as well to my lips. While the gold highlight can look a touch frosty as a lip product, the effect as a blush is perfection! It gives such a warm, summery hue to the cheeks. 


For the eyes, I found some complementary tones in Urban Decay's Naked 3 Palette. I swept Trick (a glittery burnt rosy orange) all over my lid and mixed the plummy tones of Limit, Nooner, and Liar in the crease. To steer away from my typical brown liner, I smudged Jouer Creme Eye Shadow Crayon in Renaissance (a mid-tone plum) along my upper lash lines. 



The Breakdown:

Foundation: Clinique Perfectly Real Foundation Shade #1
Concealer: Cle de Peau Concealer in Ivory

Powder: Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot (over t-zone) and Inglot HD Illuminizing Pressed Powder #402 (lightly all over)

Bronzer: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Fair Matte 02
Blush: Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in Papaya/Topaz

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe and Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel

Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original formula
Eye Shadows: (from the Naked 3 Palette): Urban Decay Trick (all over the lid) and a mixture of Limit, Nooner, and Liar (on the crease), Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow in ME512 Golden Beige (on brow bone and inner corners of the eye)

Eyeliner:  Jouer Creme Eye Shadow Crayon in Renaissance (along upper lash line) and  NYX Wonder Pencil in Light (on lower waterline)
Mascara: Revlon Bold Lacquer Length & Volume Waterproof Mascara in Black

Lipstick: 
Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in Papaya/Topaz

And a couple more shots of the look:



Boy oh boy did this look make me want Summer to be here, pronto! Though the temperatures are now dipping back into the chilly April-like range, I think Papaya/Topaz will help me to channel some warmth while I wait for things to heat up. Plus, I'd never viewed Naked 3 as a Springtime palette (the plummy tones always led for me to reach for it in Fall), but I think this look proved me wrong!

Have you tried any of the Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffles? Is Papaya/Topaz a shade that you'd wear? What colours do you reach for in Springtime?

Thanks for dropping by! xo

23 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous, rich hue! Love it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes such an awesome lip colour!
    xox Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm I've been thinking of those when they first came out but they seemed way too glittery/glowy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh this is gorgeous on you, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful make up look! The blusher especially looks so gorgeous on your skin! I need to try something from Becca X

    Zandra // AZTEC DOLL Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love! You'll have to let us know how the pattern in the product wears down :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that color! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Becca product looks beautiful for spring! The shade compliments your skin so well!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh god I need this don't I...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful summery look. I know the star of the show is the Becca blush but I am in love with the mix of colours on your eyes. Peach and plum definitely go very well together.

    Alexandra | Glam O’Clock - MAKEUP REVOLUTION GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful color, perfect for spring. :-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look! It definitely says spring. This combo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty! I love that color!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. really cute look, the eyeshadow is pretty!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow the make up is amazing
    perfect soft Colors for spring

    hope you too visit my Blog <3
    AMELY ROSE

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so fresh and youthful!
    i love these colors.
    stunning!

    xoxo
    chidiogo

    ReplyDelete
  17. As always this is simply beautiful. I love the glowy sheen on the blush, it makes your skin look super dewy! And the eyeshadow shades you paired with it are perfect. I need you to teach me how to apply eyeshadow, I am such a newb lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the shade! I wanted them all when they first came out! It's a good thing Becca isn't available here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving this eye and cheek combo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The blush looks unreal in the container! Looks equally as stunning on!

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)