FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Sunday 19 April 2015

Look of the Day: Strawberry Cola

Hi, everyone! Hope you're all having a wonderful, sunny weekend! It's been bright and warm here in Toronto the past few days and this gal couldn't be happier. Bring on Summer! If you saw my last post, you'll know that I scored some super lovely goodies at the recent Sephora Spring VIB sale. I dug into my hauled items for the first time yesterday morning and was so smitten with the products I tried, I knew I had to capture them in a Look of the Day!


The first new goody in the spotlight is one of Clinique's new Cheek Pops in Cola Pop. We all know that the Cheek Pops are among my favourite blushes out there. Not only is the packaging unique and beautiful, the formula is top-notch. Buildable intensity, a natural glowy finish, and all-day wear. Can't go wrong! Cola Pop is one of the most unique blush shades I've seen. In the pan, it's a deep brownish garnet, almost intimidatingly dark. On the cheeks, however, it applies as the most lovely warm, ruby red. Incredibly natural and flattering! I layered on a decent amount as to truly showcase the hue, but it can be worn much more sheerly than this as well. 


The second star of the show is my new Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Strawberry. I'd been lusting after these lip colours for ages and their new Spring shades drew me in further. I selected Melted Strawberry simply because it's a truly "me" colour. It applies as a vivid warm red and, as it sets, becomes more of a fuchsia sort of shade. While I do wish it retained more of its initial reddish hue, the end result is still quite lovely and the wear time is truly impressive! Plus, it feels incredibly comfortable on the lips. 


The Breakdown:

Foundation: Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation in Warm Ivory (sampling)
Concealer: Cle de Peau Concealer in Ivory

Powder: Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot (over t-zone) and Inglot HD Illuminizing Pressed Powder #402 (lightly all over)
Highlighter: RMS Living Luminizer

Bronzer: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Fair Matte 02
Blush: Clinique Cheek Pop in Cola Pop

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe and Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel

Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original formula
Eye Shadows: Make Up For Ever Aqua Waterproof Eye Shadow Pencil in 28E

Eyeliner:  NYX Wonder Pencil in Light (on lower waterline)
Mascara: Revlon Bold Lacquer Length & Volume Waterproof Mascara in Black

Lipstick: Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Strawberry

Lip Liner: Annabelle Stay Sharp Waterproof Lipliner in Glam Red

And a few more shots of the look:




Both Cola Pop and Melted Strawberry are bright, ultra flattering off-kilter reds that work wonderfully together and completely scream "Spring!". Paired with the most colourful floral top I had, these shades carried me perfectly through a sunny afternoon by the lake. Couldn't have asked much more from the scenery, the weather, or my makeup!

Are these shades that you would wear? What have been your go-to Spring weekend makeup goodies?

Thanks for stopping by! xo

21 comments:

  1. Ooooooh... That Melted Strawberry is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide if I Melted Strawberry or Cola Pop is prettier. They both look gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skin in these photos is just radiant. I love the blush and eye shadows you used, and the bright lips are beaaaaaaaautiful for spring!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO PRETTY. Ok, picking up a Too Faced Melted Lipstick today-if I can FIND one haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to start my day! love reading this post! it's full of inspiration and style ♥

    http://contemporaryboy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the combination. Cola Pop is so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blush is perfect. The color, how it blends - wow! I absolutely love it!

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your makeup is always on point and elegant! I love how the shimmery eye and strawberry-red lips come together! I immediately thought of Cola Pop having a brown-ish color but glad to hear it's not! It would be a little tricky to wear otherwise. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving Clinique's Cola Pop. Gorgeous!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your lips looks amazing!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That lipstick really suits your skin tone, it made your face look so radiant and glowing!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a gorgeous look! I love the lip shade :)

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a beautiful look. love the lip shade!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your skin looks beautiful! The bronzer and blush and highlight combo is just gorgeous!
    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was looking for some swatches of the Clinique cheek pop blushes and you look gorgeous! I haven't seen the new shades here in Holland, but we usually run behind on new releases here ;)
    *writes Cola cheek pop on wishlist*

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)