FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Monday 6 April 2015

Quickie Product Review: Milani Baked Blush in Rose d'Oro

Hi, everyone! I hope you've all had a fun, relaxing holiday weekend! Today I bring to you a review that's been a while in the making, in that I got this product way back in December as part of the CBB Secret Santa Gift Swap. I held off because this blush is seriously perfect for Spring and Summer. So as the temperature has been timidly rising, I thought it was time to shine a spotlight on Milani Baked Blush in Rose d'Oro



The Milani Baked Blushes come in circular plastic compacts with brassy gold accents and a clear lid that lets you view the shade inside. They also include a hidden bottom compartment that houses a little rounded brush. 



Milani touts that their Baked Blushes are "sunbaked on Italian terracotta tiles" and offer buildable colour and add warmth and radiance to the complexion (from milanicosmetics.com). The blush itself has a beautiful marbled appearance, featuring a solid shade layered with veins of a darker hue and a paler radiant highlight. It is certainly reminiscent of MAC's famous Mineralize Skinfinishes, which were the first products I ever saw with this meteoric design. 


With a name like Rose d'Oro, I expected a traditional rosy gold blush like NARS Orgasm or Sleek Rose Gold. Given this, I was surprised upon first swatch! On my fair neutral-warm complexion, Rose d'Oro is a bronzed rosy orange with golden coppery shimmer. 

Here it is swatched heavily, then lightly, on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone):


And here I am wearing Rose d'Oro in the context of a completed makeup look. As you can see, the shade is decidedly warm and shimmery, adding a lovely touch of radiance. There are no chunks of glitter, but instead it creates a flattering sheen.




Overall, I am really loving this shade and formula! I enjoy that the blush can be worn quite sheerly, but also builds up nicely. Although it is far from matte, it does a great job to avoid the frosty, glittery effect that some drugstore blushes can possess. Rose d'Oro was definitely more deep and bronzy than I expected, but I think this will work quite nicely as a blush/bronzer hybrid for my fair skin all Spring and Summer long. I'm way curious to try more shades from the range, especially as they're ultra affordable!

Thanks again to Jodi for sending this pretty blush my way!

Have you tried any of the Milani Baked Blushes? Is Rose d'Oro a shade that you'd wear? What are your favourite drugstore blushes at the moment?

Cheers! xo

16 comments:

  1. I love this blush! I've been trotting it out for something warmer as the weather is cooling down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blush looks very natural :)
    http://thetasteofhazel.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blush look fantastic!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay I'm so glad you like it so much! I puzzled for quite a while when trying to figure out which one to get you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently purchased this blush in Berry A'more are I really like it. It's nicely pigmented and at a great price! Rose d'Oro looks lovely on you, not too orange or too pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard soooo many great things about this blush.. really envy you who can get hold of it :p It looks lovely on you btw <3
    xo, Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like such a pretty shade!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like such a pretty shade!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very pretty on you Jennifer, it gives you a beautiful glow :) I don't have any Milani baked blushes yet but I might venture into one of them when I'm in the US - I've read too many rave reviews to ignore them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these baked blushes from Milani. I especially adore that they are flattering to all skin tones, at affordable prices. I actually reach for these blushes more than my Hourglass ones, believe it or not!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a seriously gorgeous shade on you! I will be adding this to my list.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blush! Thank you for sharing this to us. Hope you have an awesome Wednesday!

    xoxo;
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
    Facebook / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colour!! :) but I´m in love with you lashes!!!! *.* Really wish I had so long lashes like yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great blush! loving it 11 :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)