FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Friday 10 April 2015

Sephora VIB Spring Sale Wishlist

Hi, everyone! Not sure if I'm bragging, complaining, or simply stating a fact, but- I haven't bought any makeup in over 6 weeks! I seriously can't remember the last time I could claim something like that. I've been doing my best to stick with my 2015 Beauty Resolution of one makeup purchase per month and, while it hasn't been perfect, it really has helped me curb my spending and hone in on the products that are truly tempting me most. One of the stated exceptions to my resolution was the case of the rare, elusive, and ever-so-tempting Sephora sale. Next week marks the beginning of such an event, which will be a perfect way to reward myself for having been so selective with my makeup indulgences this year. Here are my top picks:



Clinique Cheek Pops
Regular followers of the blog will know that I'm truly obsessed with these adorable little blushes and have been raving about Ginger Pop for the past year. I nearly peed my pants when I saw that Clinique was releasing some new shades this Spring! At the moment, I'm eyeing Cola Pop (a unique brownish plummy red) and Melon Pop (a warm apricot).

Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer
I'm a fuller coverage foundation gal through and through, but know that I don't need to fully mask all areas of my complexion. Enter this unique offering! I'm totally intrigued at the customizable finish this promises as well as the handy packaging.

Kat von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick
I've generally been shying away from this brand as I'm not such a huge fan of its namesake, but I recently tested these much-raved about lip colours in-store and was instantly convinced that they were the real deal. I'm especially tempted by the shade Berlin, a warm rosy pink. 

REN ClearCalm3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser
I've been sampling a ton of skin care recently and, seemingly in protest, my skin has begun to act up. I thought a sensible solution would be to return to some old reliable favourites, and this is among them! This is an ultra gentle, non-foaming clay cleanser that also includes exfoliating and antibacterial ingredients to purify the skin. Plus, it's a pleasure to use! 

Too Faced Melted Lipstick
I've been stalking these unique, ultra pigmented liquid lipsticks for ages and, with the inclusion of some brand new shades for Springtime, decided it was time to bite the bullet. I'm planning to snag Melted Strawberry, a bold, warm cheery red. 

Bumble and Bumble Brilliantine
I am so, so lazy when it comes to styling my hair, but this is one product that I reach for several times per week. It does an amazing job at adding subtle definition and texture, while not leaving things too smooth or too frizzy. Difficult to describe, but love the effect! I've just finished a mini tube of this, so the timing is perfect. 

Armani Eye Tints
I've heard so many raves about these new liquid eye shadows and the shade selection is seemingly to die for. I'm especially smitten with the look of Emeraude, a rich, punchy, jewel-toned green. 

Too Faced Sugar Pop Eye Shadow Palette
I'm going to be returning to full-time work quite shortly (and thus, full-time neutral eye shadow), but we all need a fun colourful weekend, palette, right?! One look at this Spring offering and I knew it had to be mine. The candy-inspired hues of peach, plum, seafoam, and magenta are truly dreamy.

NARS Dual Intensity Blushes
From the second I heard about these, I was instantly intrigued. The design is amazing, the colour combinations are unique, and the formula offers versatility. I've heard quite mixed reviews of these, but I'd still like to give them a chance. I'm eyeing up Fervor especially, particularly after Julie's review!

Kate Somerville Clinic-to-Go Resurfacing Peel Pads
I love a good chemical exfoliant, as my sensitive skin will just not handle face scrubs. I'm starting to find that glycolic acid can also be a bit too much for my complexion and these exfoliating pads are glycolic-free! After hearing Caroline Hirons rave about them, my curiosity was officially piqued. 

Marc Jacobs le Marc Lip Creme
I've been super impressed with the offerings from this line so far and we all know I'm a sucker for a bold, pigmented lipstick. I've heard amazing things about this formula and the shade selection is truly lovely, with some fun names to boot! I'm eyeballing Je T'aime, an everyday, yet far from boring rose and Oh, Miley, a high voltage red.


So there you go! I definitely won't be snagging everything from this list (in the spirit of focus and self-control, after all), but am hoping to bring home a nice selection for my April purchase of the month. I realize it's mildly ironic to reward my makeup-buying restraint with a proper haul, but the Sephora sale really does let me treat myself to a variety of amazing goodies while still sparing my wallet a bit of grief.

Are you a sucker for a Sephora sale like me? Did I tempt you with anything? What's on your wishlist?

Have a great weekend! xo
  

13 comments:

  1. Ugh, I wish we had similar sales over here haha! High-end stuff is generally never discounted :( I'm definitely eyeing up the new cheek pop shades, as well as the Too Faced Melted lipsticks and Kat Von D liquid lipsticks!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous to hear that you are a VIB (: One day! I love love your picks (:

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That melted lipstick... I love, love, love mine! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these all look incredible!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally a sucker for sale, too!! How can I resist? haha
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wishlist is so big! lol I'm definitely picking up a Marc Jacobs nude lipstick and another Clinique Cheek Pop. I wanted the Marc Jacobs contour duo but sadly it's out of stock. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Clinique cheek pops are on my wishlist since their launch! :) They're just too cute!!! I also would love to buy a YSL lipstick, the packaging is so luxurious and their lipstick great quality. x
    Alexandra | Glam O’Clock

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a good list! I'm tempted by the cheek pops as well. You definitely should get the Clinique foundation! I have it and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also Fervor Nars blush on my list, along with Clinique Pansy Pop, and a Too Faced Melted Metallic gloss (I haven't decided which one).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also picked up on Too Faced Melted Strawberry! And I thiiiink I'll be snagging the Sugar Pop palette as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yea..the cheek pops. been thinking of perfumes lately too.
    jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)