FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Monday 31 October 2016

Halloween Makeup of the Day: Ice Princess

Hi, everyone- Happy Halloween! Whether you did some fierce partying over the weekend or are prepping for some tamer trick-or-treating this evening, I hope you're feeling perfectly spooky! 

Every single year, I so look forward to creating a Halloween makeup look and, without fail, every single year I have no idea what I'm going to do until the last moment. I always aim to put together a look that's artistic and a little out there but, since I haven't yet mastered any serious special effects skills (I must practice!), also something that I can put together with the makeup items I already have in my stash.

It wasn't until Friday night that some inspiration struck me- an ice princess! I'd seen some stunning versions of this sort of look online recently, so I took to perusing various creations on the web. I took mental note of some aspects that I liked, then took to the mirror Saturday afternoon and went to work! 


I wanted the look to be ethereal, pretty, slightly spooky and, of course, frosty! I started by applying the palest foundation, concealer, and powders in my stash to create a super pale base. For an extra icy finish, I topped the regular powder with the frostiest white highlighter I had. To add further shape, definition, and chill, I used a variety of mint green, teal, and navy eye shadows, with the deepest shades in the hollows of my face to contour and the lightest for some extra touches of highlight. 

I followed a similar premise for the eyes, using various shades of mint, white, and blue to add some shimmer and depth (using the Marc Jacobs The Siren and Kat von D Mi Vida Loca Remix palettes). For added effect, I whited out my brows and lower lash line using NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk and coated my lashes in a pastel green, Chanel Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Limelight


I decided to add one pop of flushed colour to the look- a cool, frostbitten pink blush in YSL Blush Volupte Heart of Light Powder Blush 03. For the lips, I reached for the perfectly blue MAC Lipglass in Twerkquoise and topped it with the various icy eye shadows I'd used throughout. 

All of the additional detail in the look was created by two amazing eyeliners: Artdeco All in One Liquid Liner in Sea Port (a fab shimmery navy) and Illamasqua Precision Ink in Scribe, a true matte white. I had no plan for this part, but I ended up sketching some wintry trees above my brows with roots stretching down the bridge of my nose. And I was excited to remember that I had some snowflake stickers kicking around, so I added those above and below my eyes to finish things off! 


And while I didn't have a costume to go with this makeup, I wanted to accessorize things at least a bit. So I reached for the headband I wore for my wedding! I though the pale silver and pearls complimented the makeup quite well! 

A couple more shots of the look: 



This was another makeup look I really didn't want to wash off- I felt totally frosty and regal! 

Do you get into Halloween? What's your costume this year?

Thanks so much for stopping by! Booo!!

                                                Bloglovin'|Facebook|Twitter|Instagram

10 comments:

  1. The parts that REALLY stick out to me (in a good way!) are the eyelashes (love them so much) as well as the cheekbone highlighting/contouring. So freaking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool look and you did a brilliant job with the makeup. I agree with Chelle, your eyelashes really stood out to me. xx

    Reflection of Sanity | b·liv Skincare Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so intrigued when I saw this on Instagram - you are so patient and talented! Love how the colours came together - I love the combination you used on your cheeks!

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the reason to hoard all the blue lipsticks! This is such a cool (no pun intended) look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a fabulous job! So MAGICAL! I love this.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty! I was an ice queen a few years ago and it was a lot of fun xx

    Coco | The Beauty Milk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, incredible makeup!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great makeup. Thanks for sharing. great job.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always plan to create a Halloween look and fail every year. Your look is very pretty, cold and ethereal, and with a lot of attention to the detail.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was like..what did you use on your lashes!! That Chanel mascara is amazing!! You look super cool (like literally freezing) and also very cool.

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)