FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 27 October 2016

So This Happened... (We Got Hitched!)

Hi, everyone! If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that this past weekend was something special. If you don't (you should, though!), surprise- Adam and I got married! We have been together for nearly seven years now (time has flown!) and engaged since March, and this past Saturday was the big day when we finally made it official. 

We wanted to keep things intimate, personal, easy, and fun- and I think we accomplished just that! We held the ceremony and dinner at Toronto's Campbell House, an early 1800s home-turned-museum right in the heart of downtown. We'd always loved that the venue had a vintage aesthetic that spoke to our love of history and all things antique, but that it was also surrounded by the urban landscape that we live and work in every day. We were joined by 25 of our closest family and friends, which made for a manageable guest list that allowed for proper mingling. It was so neat and wonderful to see our friends and family chatting with each other like old buddies! 


After getting my hair done (I'll have a full blog post dedicated to my wedding hair and makeup coming next), I walked over to Campbell House, just four blocks away, to start getting ready. We were lucky to have access to the upstairs bedroom where my Mom, sister, and I did our makeup and got dressed. We put on some tunes, ate a few snacks, and otherwise tried to stay calm :)

Here is my Mom zipping me up! 


And yes, the dress!! I could not have been more smitten with my gown, that's for sure. I was lucky enough to snag it during an off-the-rack sale at Becker's Bridals, where I scored a 75% discount. It was designed by Barbra Allin, Becker's in-house designer, who actually saw me in the dress the day I tried it on and gave me her stamp of approval. What more could I have asked for!?

I got the alterations done at Elie's Alterations in Yorkville, who did a fantastic job at shortening the hem while keeping all the detailing, as well as nipping in the waist and straps to fit me just perfectly! I purchased my necklace at Fossil and my headpiece from It's Your Day in LaSalle, ON (near my hometown of Windsor, where my sister got her bridesmaid's dress). The shoes (which you may spy in later pictures) I found at Ardene for a mere $14.50- a true steal! 


Here are some shots of my Dad seeing me in my dress for the first time before the ceremony- it was a lovely, emotional moment! :)



Before the ceremony, we got to take some solo and family photos in Campbell House's beautiful ballroom. Here I am with my sister, brother-in-law, and my little niece and flower girl! 


And a view of my dress from the back. I'm obsessed with the train! 


My niece, Lily, really kept me calm before the ceremony. All she wanted to do was sit on the windowsill, look outside for cars, and dance! 



The ceremony itself was simultaneously a blur and a completely warm, emotional, happy moment. I'll have photos from the ceremony itself to share once we have the shots from our photographer! 

After the ceremony was an hour for photos, appetizers, and wine, during which Adam and I got to brave the cold, but beautiful outdoor grounds of Campbell House for photographs and our loved ones got to drink and mingle. Following this, we headed downstairs to the house's Historic Kitchen, which was lit up completely by candlelight and the fireplace. It was a truly warm, magical setting- I wish I could eat there everyday! So dreamy. 


The food was absolutely delicious (thanks to A La Carte) and the icing on the cake (literally) was our wonderful wedding cake- baked by Adam himself!! He concocted the most delicious gluten-free banana bread cake topped with cream cheese icing and strawberries. He also found the most adorable vintage wedding toppers that were the perfect quirky finishing touch! 


Here are Adam and I with the cake- and of course Lily had to get in on the action! 



We  really could not have asked for a more beautiful day, so full of love. We are thrilled to be newlyweds and to have been able to celebrate with our favourite people. So happy and lucky! 

Keep an eye out for a post about my wedding hair and makeup, as well as another post featuring shots from our photographer, coming soon! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and a heartfelt thank you to all of you who have left messages of congrats so far! xo

                                           Bloglovin'|Facebook|Twitter|Instagram

14 comments:

  1. Congrats Jen!!!
    You look beautiful and that lipstick shade is spot on!
    Wishing you a lifetime of happiness,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jen! You look beautiful! Wishing you both all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jen (and Adam)! It sounds like a wonderful day, here's to the start of a long and life together *clinks glass* xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You look stunning! Wishing you and Adam all the best in your new chapter of life :)
    - Desiree
    desireplusane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg congratulations! You look so beautiful and radiant and I LOVE how Adam made the wedding cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I have been stalking your Instagram for pics & you look absolutely stunning in every single one! I wish you every happiness for your future together xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Your intimate ceremony seems absolutely lovely and you look truly radiant. Best wishes for your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations again and thank you for sharing this special day with us! I love that it's a small intimate ceremony and everyone have a great time! xx

    Reflection of Sanity | b·liv Skincare Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats!
    i love love the shots with you and lily!! she's so cute!!!

    you did such a great job of keeping this intimate and reasonable. i'm really not a huge wedding person (i dont think...but maybe when i start planning i'll realize i'm a bridezilla..who knows) so this sounds really great to me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Jen!! You were beautiful as always, so happy for you! :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Borderline crying! Wishing you all the best in the world <333

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! you are looking so gorgeous. Loved your gown.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I realise I haven't had a chance yet to put in my wishes since the wedding, but CONGRATULATIONS, JEN! :D

    You look goddamn gorgeous in that dress, and I hope you're enjoying married life! (Though I can't imagine it being that different, eh?)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)