FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 20 February 2014

Pretending it's Spring: Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop

Hi, everyone! If you saw my latest haul post, you'll know that I recently caved to the hype and succumbed to the sheer beauty of the brand spakin' new Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop. Clinique has really been stepping up the quality of their makeup offerings lately, and these new Spring blushes are proof positive of these efforts. The packaging is stunning and the formula is lovely to boot!


The Cheek Pops come in tiny square-shaped boxes printed with Clinique's signature green, yellow, and pink floral pattern:


Clinique describes these blushes as "A burst of colour, buildable and bright". They're also touted as allergy-tested and 100% fragrance-free.


The blushes themselves come in a translucent, plastic, circular disk that reveals the product inside and is marked with the Clinique logo:


The back of the packaging features the shade name and net weight:


All good and lovely, but it's when you open the case that the angels start singing. Have you ever seen such a pretty blush!? The product itself is carved into a three-dimensional daisy shape for an ultra spring-like, feminine feel. So unique!


There are four colour options in the Cheek Pop range and the shade I chose was Ginger Pop, as I had nothing quite like it in my collection. I'd describe it as a predominantly warm, shimmery tawny peach with subtle bronze and pinky undertones. 

Below are swatches of it on my inner arm, swatched heavily on the left, and more lightly on the right. As you can see, it has a soft shimmery finish with no hint of glitter or grit. It can be applied lightly for a sheer wash of colour and is equally buildable for full impact!

Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop (L-R) swatched heavily and lightly against my NC15 skin tone

I knew that the blush looked heavenly in the pan and luckily I was equally impressed from the very first application. I think I literally looked in the mirror and said "Ooooohhh" after the first couple swipes- it was instantly fresh and flattering! With a light hand, Ginger Pop leaves a sheer, warm healthy glow. With a heavier hand (which is always my preference with blush, heehee), it leaves a bolder, but still wearable bronzy peach hue.

Here are some photos of me wearing it in artificial lighting:




And a shot in direct sunlight:


If you couldn't already tell, I'm thoroughly amazed by and smitten with this blush. It was love at first swipe! I find that cutesy, ornate packaging can sometimes be a ruse for sub-par formulas, but this is definitely not the case here. Not only is Ginger Pop stunning to  look at in the pan, it blends easily, offers buildable colour, gives a glow without unsightly glitter, and wears for hours and hours. Absolutely no complaints! I think Ginger Pop will be a well-used shade during the Spring and Summer months, and I'll persist in using it currently as a means of pretending that it's no longer Winter. I'm ready for some warmth!

I likely won't be buying any further shades from the Cheek Pop range, but solely because I have my sights on some other upcoming blush releases (Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes, anyone?). But make no mistake, I would recommend the Clinique Cheek Pops to anyone who loves pretty packaging and fresh, flushed cheeks :)

Are you tempted by the Clinique Cheek Pop blushes? What are some of your favourite blush shades for Spring?

Thanks for reading! xo

55 comments:

  1. They are so pretty! The packaging definitely screams "spring!" Thanks for the review. I might want to check these out.

    Des | Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color on you!
    I am loving Tarte exposed but I have a feeling I will be getting good use of the Dior Rosy Glow this spring.
    Love this post ;)
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! I love Tarte Exposed too :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like a gorgeous color! I love the flower shape too... so cute and perfect for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Thanks for stopping by, Ellie :)

      Delete
  4. I love the pattern on the blush! It looks great on you - very spring ready!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty little blush. I'm not usually attracted to Clinique makeup but the flower does it all for me :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Clinique has really been stepping up their game lately :)

      Delete
  6. so pretty, love pattern on the blush, too! you look wonderful!
    happy weekend!

    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Beautiful product:) I greet:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy mother of God, this blush is so beautiful! Good job, Clinique! I also totally dig the shade, it's just right for the upcoming spring days. Maybe I'll even get it myself, you totally hyped me now :D!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, they really outdid themselves with these blushes! You should totally check them out :)

      Delete
  9. love the color!
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  10. the color look so lovely! I so love this post. Have a happy weekend!


    xoxo;
    Glitter DailyBeauty Blog


    Like GD on Facebook
    Follow GD on Bloglovin
    Follow GD on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely be sold just looking at the packaging, the flower is adorable! I am also holding out for an hourglass blush though :) X

    Zandra // AZTEC DOLL Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth checking out, and the Hourglass blushes are lovely too :) Thanks for stopping by, Zandra! xo

      Delete
  12. I was hoping to be able to resist this blush, but it is now officially on my wish/probably going to buy it list.
    nentasfrivolity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, glad I've tempted you, Ingrid. They're so worth it! xo

      Delete
  13. That is so cute with the flower design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are the cutest :) Thanks for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  14. I love your tips! It works really good! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable packaging and a classic colour!! Clinique aced it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really did! Thanks for stopping by, Rebecca :)

      Delete
  16. flippin hell! everyone's blogging about these now hahaha omg i need it to stop b/c im just more and more tempted to get one :P btw excited to see you tomorrow!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, glad I've tempted you! They're so worth it :)

      Delete
  17. I know right?! These are STUNNING! I really want this shade and plum pop! Ginger pop looked really great on you; it gave you a nice sun kissed effect :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stunning! Plum Pop looks lovely too :)

      Delete
  18. Nice review, that color is great on u!

    New post on lowbudget-lowcost Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. you've got a lovely blog!
    would you love to follow each other? we could follow via GFC or via email and also on another socials like twitter instagram or lookbook

    just let me know on my blog :)

    xoxo
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cecilia! Will stop by your blog soon :)

      Delete
  20. OMG, this looks so pretty. *__*
    Lovely greets...

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the subtle pink shade and the flower pattern in this blush looks incredible!
    Check out my Street Style post at London Fashion Week and share your thoughts! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Anthea! It's my new favourite blush for Spring :)

      Delete
  22. lovely
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  23. sounds like a such a great blush
    and looks gorgeous too
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  24. This colour suits you perfectly, looks very pretty Jen. How come all your makeup looks gorgeous!! Not Fair!

    Hope you had an awesome weekend too.

    Helen

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. The packaging of these blushes is just too adorable! This shade looks gorgeous on you :)

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging really is the best! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  26. This honestly might be too pretty to use, such a gorgeous blush I totally need to check these out!!!!

    Gabs - http://gaborillaa.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought it would be too pretty to use, but it's soo worth it! And the flower holds its shape quite well, even after several uses :)

      Delete
  27. It's as if you're posting trying to enable me to buy all the blush. This is so pretty too! I love that it's shaped like a flower. Though I'm gonna try to be strong and keep repeating "I do not need more blush"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, I don't mind being an enabler :) Thanks for stopping by, Jenn!

      Delete
  28. Definitely! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks, Alena! Following your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)